New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    President Arroyo’s net satisfaction rating dropped further to -74 last April from -64 last January, the latest Ibon Foundation survey said.

Based on the nationwide survey, conducted from April 7-16 among 1,495 respondents from various sectors, 81.67 percent of Filipinos were unsatisfied with President Arroyo’s performance over the past three months.
    Only 7.69 percent of Filipinos were satisfied with the President’s performance in the last quarter.
    The survey conducted by Ibon used a multi-stage probability sampling scheme with a margin of error of plus or minus three percent. The net satisfaction rating is the difference between the percentage of satisfied and unsatisfied responses. (Ellalyn B. de Vera) Manila Bulletin Online

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That's probably the least of her concerns right now being a sitting duck President...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I will be more shocked if her approval ratings goes up..

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Who wants her anyway, I dont even like her the way she ran the presidency w/ all those scandal involving the husband, son and most of it there using the MALACANANG. I used to be proud of her since she's my kababayan (her mother Dr. Evangelina Macaraeg-Macapagal) and I remember seing her back in 65 during her teen year's whom they campaign for his dad (Diosdado)in my hometown. So, its a big surprised that she is now a president of the republic. I guess time change.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Many people don't like her but to be honest meron bang likable president post-EDSA??

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i like gma...she's a good economist.
    mabait naman sha. sablay lang napang asawa at anak.
    for me, ok sya. and i think those surveys are wrong, people who like her are usually just quiet about it.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have to admit there are a lot of controversial decisions that she has made that I think made economic sense. E-VAT is one unpopular tax, but it has done better things than worse. Para sakin lang sana basics like food and gas should be exempted from E-VAT though but other good certainly I agree with the E-VAT from an economic point of view...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ang ganda ng lakad ng first couple sa isang golf-course sa China just before(?) their meeting with the ZTE officials....

EVAT is not totally evil. In fact, the government can use this not-so-evil tax as a safety net to "control" to a certain extent the price of gasoline in our country, since everything else moves, based on the price of gasoline. IMO, it makes more economic sense to reduct the tax on gasoline, rather than have a legislated increase in minimum wage.

The former, you can spring it back,- up if things get better. The latter,- its fixed forever, and we become less competitive as a nation,- a short sighted move.

Lack of political will,- just political showmanship.... We, taxpayers, do not deserve this stance from our government.

6000:mobile: