New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung mga Anti-RH gustong idamay si Pia sa karantaduhan ni Sen Escalera...

Better give Brenda some slack since she co-wrote the senate version of the RH bill...

Cayetano: UN report acknowledged as source in speech on environment

MANILA, Philippines—Repeatedly quoting a United Nations report throughout an entire speech would be tedious. Would not an acknowledgment of the source in the first part of the speech suffice?

Senator Pia Cayetano said a speech she gave on World Environment Day acknowledged the UN Environment Program (UNEP) as her source of information.

“If you will read it, from the very first paragraph, I acknowledged UNEP and from there, I defined (its) programs. (My critics) are saying I should acknowledge (UNEP) in every sentence during the speech. That would be difficult (“mahirap naman ‘yun”),” the senator said in an ambush interview on Thursday.

Cayetano admitted that when the speech was uploaded, her staff used an “old” WordPress program that apparently failed to accommodate footnotes that would have acknowledged UNEP as her source.

The senator said her staff already made the “appropriate corrections” although she added that the UN has always encouraged the “free use of its material.”

A group of local bloggers called Pinoy Templars took Cayetano to task earlier this week for allegedly taking quotes used in her speech on the environment quoting UNEP and another on maternal health from “at least two” sources with “nary an attribution.”

The bloggers said Cayetano also did not recognize Health Undersecretary Mario Villaverde when she used information from his presentation on maternal health in a speech in April 2008.

The senator however, said the second speech dated February 2011 was not delivered at all.

“I wish the one who blogged made a little effort to check this out. You see, the speech was never delivered on the floor,” Cayetano said in Filipino.

The senator recalled a request made in relation to International Women’s Day.

Cayetano never read the speech on the floor but merely “ad libbed” some lines “on the rights of mothers” when the Senate observed the occasion.

“And then I showed a video clip,” she said.

The senator added that the speech was still uploaded by a media officer despite this.

That the employee failed to put in footnotes was a simple “technical glitch…but I have always acknowledged that proper footnoting should be there,” she added.

“This is such a simple issue. I find it quite malicious that (the bloggers) would try to impute malice in this. But rest assured to all writers and bloggers that your literary work should always be accredited and acknowledged,” Cayetano told reporters.

Apart from Cayetano, Senate majority leader Tito Sotto was also accused of delivering a speech last week where lines from a US blogger’s post on the dangers of contraceptives were lifted without acknowledging the one who wrote it.

His chief of staff admitted the wrongdoing, but quickly said Sotto could not be held accountable since it was their researchers who failed to acknowledge the blogger.
    Last edited by Monseratto; August 24th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Papunta (raw) ng ICC ito....
    natauhan na yata ICC ... ayaw na sya tawagin

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    And they were ready to impeach a supreme court justice for the same offense...
    Actually, lying in the SALN and not quoting sources are different offenses. The big offense on Sotto's part was when he tried to justify it.

-

The sad thing is... it would have been an excusable mistake if later on, Tito Sotto had simply said: "Sorry, I forgot to quote my sources."

Instead, he vigorously and bombastically defended his right to cut, paste and not credit sources for text, and decrying blogs as not being covered by IPR. That's the stupid part. Bloggers aren't just doing this for fun. Some bloggers make a living off their written work, and deserve all the credit they can get for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, lying in the SALN and not quoting sources are different offenses. The big offense on Sotto's part was when he tried to justify it.

-

The sad thing is... it would have been an excusable mistake if later on, Tito Sotto had simply said: "Sorry, I forgot to quote my sources."

Instead, he vigorously and bombastically defended his right to cut, paste and not credit sources for text, and decrying blogs as not being covered by IPR. That's the stupid part. Bloggers aren't just doing this for fun. Some bloggers make a living off their written work, and deserve all the credit they can get for it.
    I believe Monseratto was referring to Associate Justice Mariano Del Castillo.

I still think Justice Castillo should rightfully be impeached, as plagiarism in whatever form should not be tolerated, especially when the SC is making its opinions or decisions. Del Castillo, however, said there was no intent to plagiarise and he was quickly absolved by his bretheren in the SC (those appointed by GMA). Instead, the SC trained its guns on the academics who complained about it, including the author of the article whose text Del Castillo's opinion shamelessly copied and pasted to his ponencia.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sotto kept on justifying his plagiarism lalo lang niya pinapalalim yung libingan niya.
    Masyadong ma-pride hindi matanggap na bukayo siya. Wala bang banat si brenda sa kanya?
    Masyado nagmamagaling ampaw naman. andami talaga gunggong sa senado.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    yan si mr.sotto e tinatrabaho na rin ng mga taga-U.P, tignan natin kung hanggang saan ang tapang niyang matandang yan....

(credits/courtesy to MOVE U.P. -A leadership and service formation in the University of the Philippines.)
    Last edited by zap.FREEDOM; August 26th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    yan si mr.sotto e tinatrabaho na rin ng mga taga-U.P, tignan natin kung hanggang saan ang tapang niyang matandang yan....

(credits/courtesy to MOVE U.P. -A leadership and service formation in the University of the Philippines.)
    really, we deserve better

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^We deserve much, much more...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    really, we deserve better
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^We deserve much, much more...
    Padami muna tayo ng lahi para ma-cancel voting block ng mga nauuto nila sa eleksyon.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ kaso mas mabilis magpadami yung mga hindi nagiisip

kaya siguro anti-RH si escalera

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast