New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Not because of what GMA has to say alam naman natin its all a spin at nakakahilo lang, not on how many opposition legislators will decide not to attend the SONA, not on how many claps she received, and definitely not on what she is wearing

I am excited on the battle between the rallyists and the police. Siguradong magkakagulo since between the last SONA and this one diesel prices had rose almost 70% Food prices also went up significantly!

kala ko tidus interesado ka makita fasion show ng mga politiko....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder why activists and rallyists seem to anticipate this event. To me, its nothing but the President's opportunity to bulls#it regarding her administration's accomplishments. On the other hand, you have the numerous, vitriolic, almost fanatical rallyists chanting, shouting and agitating their way to the Batasan every SONA, crying out loud for higher wages, elimination of taxes. There's also and just about every left-leaning, populist-spewing politician trying to get their 15 minutes worth of fame on TV by staying in front of the placard-bearers. Let's not forget that running priest who's fond of bringing an image of the BVM on a kariton, as if it'll serve to ward off truncheon-bearing riot cops.

Makes for an interesting spectator sport or reality TV show. Dami talagang reklamador sa atin pero year-in, year-out, wala naman silang naitutulong sa ikabubuti ng Pilipinas.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mga trapo lang yang mga mahilig magrally! Sila dahilan kaya naghihirap pilipinas..Last month nawala ng trabaho mga dating tambay dito samin kasi yung mga gabriela, KMU etc na yan ay nagrally sa pabrika na pinagtratrabuhan ng mga tao dito pero hindi naman kasama sa mga trabahador mga nagrarally kaya ayon napilitan mag-sara yung pinagtratrabahuan nila.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    I wonder why activists and rallyists seem to anticipate this event. To me, its nothing but the President's opportunity to bulls#it regarding her administration's accomplishments. On the other hand, you have the numerous, vitriolic, almost fanatical rallyists chanting, shouting and agitating their way to the Batasan every SONA, crying out loud for higher wages, elimination of taxes. There's also and just about every left-leaning, populist-spewing politician trying to get their 15 minutes worth of fame on TV by staying in front of the placard-bearers. Let's not forget that running priest who's fond of bringing an image of the BVM on a kariton, as if it'll serve to ward off truncheon-bearing riot cops.

Makes for an interesting spectator sport or reality TV show. Dami talagang reklamador sa atin pero year-in, year-out, wala naman silang naitutulong sa ikabubuti ng Pilipinas.

Au contraire. It's precisely their activism which keeps democracy alive. I have a high regard for these street parliamentarians (the ones who rally for noble causes, and not those who rant and rave for a fee), which ensure our civil liberties for the succeeding generations. Kung walang mga rallyista, eh di sana nandyan pa rin sina Marcos at Erap, at hindi sana mabubuking yung mga kabulastagan nina Pandak et al.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, sorry if my views appear to be jaded. But the very same street parliamentarians in the previous administrations have become today's trapos. I've yet to see a product of street protests or rallies become a true instrument of political change because, all to often, they've become what they protested at the top of their lungs.

Excited na ako for SONA 2008 (july 28)