New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I don't want to get into a theological debate here, I'm not ready for it Just getting intrigued everytime i go out in the real world.

How come some people have everything in the world, while others are in constant suffering, even living in sub-human conditions? The list can go on and on. Unfairness in the world seems to be more glaring these days. The scales are not balanced at all.

Does God play favorites among people? Does He love us all the same, or does He love some people more than others? I guess we'll find out the reason behind all these unfairness in the world when we all die

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WHOOO!!! you're threading on a thin ice dude.....can't wait for the replies of the devoted...

pass the :popcorn: please and hold that front row seat for me....

politics and religion...two topics that kills.....
    Last edited by shadow; January 4th, 2008 at 01:25 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Let's get in on!!! Rock this thread!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    There's no favoritism...because for me there is no God only gods and godesses that are created by peoples imaginations.
    Last edited by Zeus; January 4th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There's no favoritism...because for me there is no God only gods and godesses that are created by peoples imaginations.

but you are Zeus.....:pcwhack:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i used to think that way.

I mean, i used to try to explain things using religion.

I see bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people and ask why God would allow that...

Why would God allow babies and young kids to get cancer or stuff like that...

But now, i explain things simply by Darwinian natural selection and everything becomes much clearer to me.

I no longer have questions that go unanswered unlike when i try to explain things using religion, it always ends up "It's God's will eh... wala tayo magagawa..."

We, along with countless other lifeforms, live on a planet that just so happens is able to sustain life as we know it.

But to stay alive is a constant struggle.

We all compete against each other to stay alive.

There are creatures/people who are very good at staying alive and there are those who are not.

Those who cant compete suffer. That's it. You dont need a supernatural explanation for that.

Babies and children who get cancer unfortunately got bad genes for their parents.

The richest most powerful people in the world are very good at staying alive.

The poorest of the poor are not. They cant compete.

That's it.

No need to drag God into this.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xoom View Post
    I don't want to get into a theological debate here, I'm not ready for it
    Not possible... and based on historical experiences here in Tsikot, this thread will lead to nowhere... so i'm closing it.

Do you think God plays favorites?