New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Cruz refuses to give communion to GMA, First Family, other ‘sinners’
    By Jose Rodel Clapano
    Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Oscar Cruz vowed yesterday not to give holy communion to President Arroyo, members of her family, and other known “sinners” in the country.
    Cruz told the Newsmakers Forum held every Wednesday at the Crowne Plaza in Mandaluyong City that he will encourage the Catholic Church leadership, specifically the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP), not to allow any publicly known sinners like Mrs. Arroyo and members of the First Family to receive communion.
    “A publicly known sinner and a good number of them receiving communion in public, I think it is a scandal. I would not give communion to people whom I know as a public sinner. No,” Cruz said when asked if he will give communion to the Arroyos.
    Cruz said it pains him very much to see Mrs. Arroyo and the other publicly known sinners ostensibly going to Church every time the Arroyo government is being dragged in controversy, and receiving communion in public.
    “In our moral theology, that is a principle. If one gives communion to sinners the Church is scandalized,” Cruz said.
    Cruz also admitted that the CBCP is divided over the clamor for Mrs. Arroyo to resign because of monetary considerations.
    He said at least eight bishops, including himself, are calling for Mrs. Arroyo to resign because they believe that the Arroyo government has no moral ascendancy to govern because of the rampant corruption involving ranking government officials.
    Cruz said that there are also seven bishops who are supporting Mrs. Arroyo, while the majority of the 92 bishops nationwide are neutral.
    He said the call of the CBCP for Mrs. Arroyo to allow Commission on Higher Education chairman Romulo Neri to testify before the Senate, abolish Executive Order 464 and to allow the other officials who have knowledge about the national broadband network (NBN) deal to reveal what they know about the scandal, can still change.

Your reactions please

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    This is wrong IMO. If he refuses to give communition to GMA and other sinners, then he'd have to refuse to give communion to other clergy, priests, nuns and what-have-you because they also sin. In fact, maybe he shouldn't take communion because as I human being, I'm sure he also sins. Now if he'd say he doesn't sin, then I'd say he's full of crap.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. (John 8:6–8)
    ." It was restating his fundamental teaching: "First, take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye" (Matthew 7:5). He was saying, yet again, "Unless you're perfect, don't judge." Here, in fact, he was taking it a step further: "If you ever have sinned, don't judge." So much for judgment. So much for throwing stones. So much for Jesus' supposed endorsement of laws against consensual activities.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    What a hypocrite. So ano sa tingin nya sila Erap, Binay and others na kakampi nya hindi sinners? Come on, people do change but tend to do the sinful things over and over again. Napakalaking inutil nitong matanda na 'to. Nakakahiya ka paps para sa mga kapwa catholics mo. Tapos magrereklamo ka kung hindi ka mabigyan ng pondo, pano ka bibigyan ng pondo puro ka kasi dakdak.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    What about the Marcoses? Oscar Cruz just want media attention, KSP talaga. At palagi naman pinapansin ng bias media natin...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. (John 8:6–8)
    ." It was restating his fundamental teaching: "First, take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye" (Matthew 7:5). He was saying, yet again, "Unless you're perfect, don't judge." Here, in fact, he was taking it a step further: "If you ever have sinned, don't judge." So much for judgment. So much for throwing stones. So much for Jesus' supposed endorsement of laws against consensual activities.
    I second the motion.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i hate gma but nawala ang respeto ko sa demonyong pari na ito.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    wag naman sanang idamay ang mga bagay na yan

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my first reaction is paki quote na lang yun mga na copy paste mo...hehehe

now my reaction to the topic at hand
    as if naman sa kanya mag papa communion si GMA...hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    buti na lang eh ndi ganyan ang pari dito sa pinagsisimbhan namin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Cruz refuses to give communion to GMA