New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I wonder what the CBCP has to say about this... Didn't they picket Lady Gaga's concert before?

Catholic Archbishop expresses grave concerns about Madonna's concert this Sunday, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

SINGAPORE - Archbishop William Goh has expressed the Catholic Church's grave concerns about American singer Madonna's concert in Singapore on Sunday.

He reminded Catholics that it was their "moral obligation not to support those who denigrate and insult religions, including anti-Christian and immoral values promoted by the secular world".

"There is no neutrality in faith; one is either for or against. Being present (at these events) in itself is a counter witness. Obedience to God and His commandments must come before the arts," he said in a statement issued by his office on Saturday.

Madonna's Rebel Heart tour, which has a R18 rating here, has been altered slightly for the Singapore audience, with religiously-sensitive content removed.

In his criticism of Madonna, 57, Archbishop Goh told Catholics that "as the people of God, we should subscribe to authentic Arts that lead us to God... and not support the 'pseudo arts' that promote sensuality, rebellion, disrespect, ****ography, contamination of the mind of the young, abusive freedom, individualism at the expense of the common good, vulgarity, lies and half-truths."

The statement, put online at the websites of the Catholic News publication and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore, described Madonna's music and props as blasphemous and disrespectful to the Catholic and Christian faith.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The CBCP should really look into this. Madonna, who is originally Catholic is known for profaning and insulting Catholic Traditions. Recently, blaspheming the crucifixion in a concert in Rome.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I'm surprised that people still watch Madonna.

sent via Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2699031
    I'm surprised that people still watch Madonna.

sent via Tapatalk
    i like madonna.
    i'm surprised that you... don't.
    must be the generation gap... or the financial gap (!!!). jokjok only!
    it's not just the song. it's also the "atmosphere on the stage".
    i'd watch michael jackstone if he were performing... i missed the first one.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 23rd, 2016 at 12:46 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    She's already here in fact. Her first night was already sold out that they had to add another night...

People watch because she is considered a generation icon...

Madonna sneaks in Manila for 'Rebel Heart' tour
    (philstar.com) | Updated February 22, 2016 - 4:28pm

MANILA, Philippines — Queen of Pop Madonna has arrived in Manila for her two-day concert at the SM Mall of Asia Arena on February 24 to 25.

According to reports, the pop diva, carried in a chartered Boeing 752 plane, gave the Filipino fans a slip as she landed at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport from her Macau tour at around 1:58 a.m. Monday.

Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour is one of the most expensive concerts to be held in Manila - P3,150 for general admission and P57,750 for a super VIP seat.

It was also mentioned that the Grammy-winning pop queen did not pass through the normal customs, immigration and quarantine inspection at the NAIA.
    Last edited by Monseratto; February 23rd, 2016 at 12:46 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I doubt she'll be singing this...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i like madonna.
    heh heh.

hehe i'm not gonna comment about your poor taste in music. but it's rude to imply that people don't watch madonna coz they can't afford to. some of us won't watch even if we were paid to do it!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I doubt she'll be singing this...

i wouldn't put it past her sir, she thrives in provocative stunts like these. And what if she did? As third world as we are, our government isn't as oppresive as in some other countries(kurakot lang, of course)

i'm a fan of Madonna, up to the Vogue era. Beyond that..it got kinda weird for me. imho, a whole generation was conceived with her song "Crazy for You" in the background ^_^

Sabi ko nga sa kapatid ko, for 58k, i'd most likely buy a laptop than attend a concert
    Last edited by badkuk; February 23rd, 2016 at 02:12 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i like madonna.
    heh heh.
    Just not my thing.

I never even thought of watching her stuff for free on YouTube.

sent via Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pakialameron simbahan. Dahil hindi sila makabili sa mahal ng ticket o walang nagbigay sa kanila ng ticket kaya sila nagproprotesta.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Catholic Archbishop expresses grave concerns about Madonna's concert this Sunday