New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Why you shouldn't take tall tales from the bible seriously....

https://www.facebook.com/tvpatrol.ab...9850470737009/

By Coconuts Manila February 22, 2016 / 11:53 PHT

A science-themed TV Patrol feature on the possible origin of human beings posted on Facebook last Feb 16 is still getting a lot of online action. Apparently, self-proclaimed defenders of the Bible are questioning the validity of the feature done by Kim Atienza.

In particular, they claim that the feature is fake because it does not recognize Adam and Eve, who, in the Bible, are identified as the first man and first woman.

One commenter noted, "Kung tayo ay galing sa unggoy bkit may unggoy pa hanggang ngayon? kht anong gawin ng science hnd parin nito kayang sukatin at abutin ang kapangyarihan ng ating Diyos (If we descended from monkeys, how come there are monkeys up to this day? No matter what Science does, it cannot measure the power of our God)."

Yet another commenter also stated, "Unggoy pala sina Adam and Eve? Kalukuhan to di naman sa Africa ginawa ng dios ang unang tao... Ang scientists kailan lang pinanganak yan kaya mas maniwala tayo sa Bible kasi mas nauna 'to (So Adam and Eve are monkeys? This is idiocy, as the first human were not created in Africa. Scientists were only born recently so we must believe in the Bible because it came first)."

What the heck is happening?
    TV Patrol feature on human evolution slammed for not recognizing Adam and Eve | Coconuts Manila

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I've seen the "if humans evolved from monkeys, then why do we still see monkeys.." argument thrown around different forums and user groups over past couple of years.
    It's as if those who commented were just waiting for their chance to make use of that argument. Masaya na sila.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    LOL. typical and expected response from typical pinoys

just FYI coz there are also lots of "typical" pinoys here on tsikot if you know what i mean . humans didn't evolve from present-day monkeys! but we did evolve from a COMMON ANCESTOR. so chimps branched off another way. they're our COUSINS so to speak.

i'm not here to spoon-feed the ignorant so please just look it up. it's a scientific fact. no debate. no controversy

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Si Pakyou galing sa monkey. Look at Dionisia. :hysterical:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    What the heck is happening?
    wanna know what's happening? we have allowed for too long the CHURCH to have a stranglehold on the minds of the filipino people. that's why most pinoys are bigoted (hindi meron bigote), narrow-minded, anti-intellectual (e.g. nosebleed yan!), have a "bahala na si lord" attitude. PH may suck but in heaven you'll be rewarded!

time to stop this nonsense. wake up folks PH is lagging in all areas

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas madaming tang*ng pinoy kesa sa nagiisip. the wise and knowledgeable are in the minority. kahit nga college degree holder na ang daling utuin e. and the root cause, imho, is katamaran. tamad magbasa ng libro, tamad magaral, tamad mag-research sa internet, etc. etc. kaya naman pag sinabihan ng pari o pastor napapasunod agad, napakalaking authority na sa kanila yung "alagad ng diyos".

sad to say Jose Rizal was wrong. filipinos are indeed "indolent".

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't think it's limited to Pinoys... they have the same problem everywhere.

Plus... online... which means you pretty much throw everything out the window... some of those people reacting are trolls with too much time on their hands.

Of course, the even scarier idea is that these people are serious...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    LOL. typical and expected response from typical pinoys

just FYI coz there are also lots of "typical" pinoys here on tsikot if you know what i mean . humans didn't evolve from present-day monkeys! but we did evolve from a COMMON ANCESTOR. so chimps branched off another way. they're our COUSINS so to speak.

i'm not here to spoon-feed the ignorant so please just look it up. it's a scientific fact. no debate. no controversy
    You mean a scientific THEORY, yah got it.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    You mean a scientific THEORY, yah got it.

yes quantum THEORY, the kind used on the microprocessor you used to post that message worked just fine didn't it even if ITS JUST A THEORY ;)

hit up your favorite search engine for "theory" coz i don't think you know what it is spare yourself from further humiliation please

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    This reminds me of the Scopes (Monkey) Trial in the US in the 1920s where Mr. Scopes was charged with violating state law that prohibited the teaching of the theory of evolution in public schools. Mr. Scopes' defense attorney was the famous Clarence Darrow, while the prosecution was represented by the equally famous William Jennings Bryan. The prosecution argued that the law violated the Biblical teaching on creation. While Scopes was convicted, his conviction was reversed by the appeals court. The state law was eventually repealed.

Watch the movie "Inherit The Wind." It's interesting.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast