New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Tame lang yan.

Dito sa isang regional hospital, P80,000 for a compatible desktop PC.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wala na kong tiwala kay Pnoy corrupt din pala siya....BOOOOOO!!!!

Hater na rin ako sa corrupt na preidente natin

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ok lang kung head may Apple IMac IMO. Pero yung pati iba na lower sa kanya, sobra na. Puwede na yung P20K-P25K since gov't money.

BTW: hindi naman ata si PNoy nag-approb nito kaya dapat yung pagsabihan ay yung nag-approve from DBM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    siguro gusto nang sibakin ni Pnoy itong si Carandang ... kaso magagalit si Ate Kris

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    dapat alienware nalang binili ni carandang

herherher

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sayang, di ko na panuod. Siya pa tuloy nag-sorry...=P

Magsaysay, Carandang lock horns over phones, chairs, etc. | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

MANILA, Philippines - It was a face-off that practically everybody saw coming after a protracted word war over the media on the allegedly questionable purchase of laptop computers for a Palace office.

Zambales Rep. Maria Milagros “Mitos” Magsaysay called Communications Secretary Ramon “Ricky” Carandang “spoiled brat, arrogant, and immature” to his face at a budget hearing.

This, after Carandang gave apparently sarcastic answers to Magsaysay’s questions over his office’s procurement processes.

It was the turn of Carandang’s Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office to present its budget proposal for 2012 before the appropriations committee. Usually, this is the opportunity lawmakers seize to ask Cabinet members about their own parochial concerns that may not necessarily be budget-related.

The face-off began with Magsaysay, who was registered to be the first interpellator. Magsaysay’s interpellation alone lasted about half an hour, interrupted twice by lawmakers to defuse the tension

Magsaysay then proceeded to ask about the agency’s acquisition of laptop computers. Carandang said they published invitations for bidding in a tabloid. He said biddings were called twice but no one participated.

Magsaysay doubted no one would participate in such a bidding.

Carandang argued he doesn’t know why no one joined the bidding, but he argued that since the purchase value was below P2 million, there was no need to publish the bidding invitation. “We did follow the process.”

He said Magsaysay will have to ask the suppliers why no one participated in the bidding. To which she replied, “Your answer is out of line Mr. Carandang.”

She also noted Carandang wanted a negotiated bid, but ended up buying Apple Mac Pros.

Carandang argued the laptops were purchased according to his 3 specifications: not susceptible to viruses, long battery time, and easily portable.

Magsaysay asked Carandang if they asked around for more computers. Carandang said they did, but that the laptops they found were not within the threshold allowed by regulations.

Carandang argued his office does graphics work for the Office of the President.

Magsaysay said other laptops can do the same thing .“The problem is, many of you came from the private sector. In your case, instead of buying a laptop that can do same function at P46,000 you decided for Apple Mac Pro at P66,000. You’re now known as the Imelda Marcos of laptop computers. Is that kind of message you want? The message did not come from me.”

Courtesy

Magsaysay then said she expects courtesy even from adversaries but said some are too arrogant. She then asked Carandang about his messaging functions as well as the falling survey numbers of President Aquino.

Magsaysay noted that both the President and his sister Kris have separately said that the problem maybe related to messaging. Carandang then retorted, “was that a rhetorical question or do you want me to answer that?”

This remark further got Magsaysay fired up, “Don’t be arrogant. I’m warning you, you’re not in ABS-CBN. If you had the temerity to insult public officials when you were in ABS-CBN, sad to say [you’re not there anymore]. If you’re going to be arrogant, don’t be in public service.”

She added: “How can you be arrogant to say that? You have a long way to go as far as maturity and wisdom is concerned. Your kind of breed of public servant has no place in public service. Kami pag upo namin dito hiniram lang namin ito wala kaming karapatan maging arogante. Appointed official ka lang, ano karapatan mo maging arogante? Iwan mo pagiging spoiled brat mo sa bahay mo matuto ka maging humble!”

Abaya then reminded Magsaysay she was already at the 28th-minute mark. As a member of the minority, she should have had only 10 minutes of interpellation time.

Magsaysay, however, continued, “Lahat tayo dito professional, except them. Kahit kailan di mo maririnig na ganito tayo.You didn’t answer my question, compel him to answer.”

Abaya then compelled Carandang to answer.

Carandang said, “I’m in charge of messaging. I note Cong Magsaysay's comment…I believe we can do a better job in our office.”

Rep. Rodolfo Fariñas tried to defuse the tension by asking Carandang, “Tell us I have no intention to offend.”

Carandang said, “It’s been a rather tense morning, [there is] no intent on my part to offend anybody."

Magsaysay went on to say, however, “I’m holding my punches. I’m not even attacking your character, you’re the one drawing me to do that.”

Magsaysay asked Carandang about his supposedly scathing statement against her with regards to the issue of the laptop purchase. “The name of Sec Carandang was never brought out in any minority presscon. It was in a blind item. Lagman mentioned the blind item. I was surprised you came out with a scathing statement with regards to my person.”

Magsaysay asked Carandang who did the statement. Carandang said, his office, and ultimately, he himself did it.

Magsaysay then said, “May I ask you one more time. Has it been proven? Do you know the difference between facts and perception? What were you trying to put in this statement, was it fact or propaganda? Opinions have no place if not sanctioned by the president. Did the President sanction you?”

Carandang said, “I wrote it myself . He also maintained his statement was “appropriate”

Magsaysay said, “you represent the president…Put that in your coconut. Your emotions took better of you. Naurot ka lang ng media and you came up with a scathing statement like this. You didn’t double check your facts…”

Carandang then replied, “I regret the harsh exchange has led to animosity. I will refrain from making any inflammatory statements.”

Magsaysay went on, “I never fired any shot. Ako pa hihingi apology sa iyo? Sobra ka naman. Don’t you think you owe someone an apology?”

Carandang stood his ground, “I regret the exchange with media has led to atmosphere of animosity. I was trying to defend my office against the allegation…If defense was rather aggressive, I’ve learned sometimes very aggressive defense doesn’t solve the problem.”

Magsaysay said, “Is that an apology?”

Carandang replied, “I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.”

The hall broke into applause.

Magsaysay said, “I don’t know if the apology is sincere or not. Di naman lahat ng anak natin perfect.”

Fariñas, however, retorted: “If that were not sincere I’d nominate him for [a] FAMAS.”

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    ganyan talaga ang politics. hanapan ng butas.
    nung si gma nakaupo, lahat ng kapritso titirahin ng oposisyon.
    ngayong sila nakaupo, de shempre ganun din gagawin nung dating nakaupo.

and what can you expect from carandang and his subordinates. di ba sabi ng isang staff nya sa sa tweeter kadiri nga raw sa isang bansa na pinuntahan nila dati. me pag ka high end sila so expect high end products. alangan namang gumamit yan ng mga eepc. di pag dumating sa office yun tyak makakarinig ka ng "eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww nakakahiya gamitin sa starbucks(lol)". :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    ganyan talaga ang politics. hanapan ng butas.
    nung si gma nakaupo, lahat ng kapritso titirahin ng oposisyon.
    ngayong sila nakaupo, de shempre ganun din gagawin nung dating nakaupo.

and what can you expect from carandang and his subordinates. di ba sabi ng isang staff nya sa sa tweeter kadiri nga raw sa isang bansa na pinuntahan nila dati. me pag ka high end sila so expect high end products. alangan namang gumamit yan ng mga eepc. di pag dumating sa office yun tyak makakarinig ka ng "eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww nakakahiya gamitin sa starbucks(lol)". :D
    Which means spoiled brats shpudl never hold public office! ewwwww, nice 0ne!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Remember, P4,600,000,000,000.00 ang UTANG ng Pilipinas.

We borrow P1,000,000,000.00 every 2 days to plug the Deficit.

40 Centavos out of every Peso Taxes goes to Debt-Servicing.

Anong walang masama sa pagbili ng Apple Macs?

If a big chunk of the budget is allotted for debt-servicing, then there is a big problem.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Guilty ba o hindi?

Hindi puwedeng "I'm sorry"

Sino siya, si GMA?.... :hysterical:

14.0K:bike3:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Carandang dubbed the 'next Imelda' over laptop deal