New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Give Lim 1 year, you will see that he was able to do a lot for Manila.

For me he is not there to please people, but to do a job of public service.

Regarding baywalk, from what I have heard, they have no business permit, sanitary ermit, etc. So ng nag declare siya na tatanggalin niya ang mga ito. Ang mga may-ari ang nag kusa na tanggalin na.

Nakita ko na marami siyang nagawa sa Manila ng nauna siyang naupo, marami rin siyang mgagawa this time.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Manila is now a dark and boring city. Nasan na yung mga lamppost? No tourist no money. Hehehe.
    :fyi: Nandun pa rin mga lamp posts. Yung mga restaurants lang tinanggal.

Quote Originally Posted by A121
    Di pa ako nakakaabot ng Ermita eh. Sorry...

Parang ganto rin yan eh, lahat ng malls nasa tabi rin ng main road. The key to better traffic flow is having an effective traffic scheme. Kung kayang maimplement yan ni Lim, pwede ulit ibalik ang mga resto sa baywalk. Yung harbour plaza naman ay medyo malayo na sa roxas blvd. tas wala ung feel or experience na nasa tabi ka ng roxas blvd overlooking the manila bay tas kumakain ka.
    Malls have dedicated parking slots for their customers, baywalk doesn't have that, kung meron man konte lang ang kayang iaccomodate, hence they use the Roxas Blvd as their parking slot, 1 or 2 lanes of it sometimes even 3 lanes, the result? Traffic, more traffice more pollution, more pollution = not good for the tourism industry. Now if they can somehow build an overpass and a parking lot, traffic could improve but thats a long shot, hey this is the Philippines.

Regarding the Baywalk, one recent news report said that the Manila city government plans to build the Manila Ocean Park on it, complete with an oceanarium, giant indoor viewing aquariums and a dolphin feeding area.

They plan to open it by December 15 of this year.
    Baywalk? I don't see any major construction going on in Baywalk, baka naman sa tabi ng Mal of Asia yan.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Lim was not known for beatifying manila so i dont expect any major improvements during his term..he was more known for fighting crime. I used to live and work near a big government hospital near tayuman... pareho rin naman ang volume ng crime related cases nong mayor siya...so i was inclined to believe that he was more interested in those highly publicised crimes, thus look good in the newspapers.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing View Post
    Malls have dedicated parking slots for their customers, baywalk doesn't have that, kung meron man konte lang ang kayang iaccomodate, hence they use the Roxas Blvd as their parking slot, 1 or 2 lanes of it sometimes even 3 lanes, the result? Traffic, more traffice more pollution, more pollution = not good for the tourism industry. Now if they can somehow build an overpass and a parking lot, traffic could improve but thats a long shot, hey this is the Philippines.
    So that is why I am suggesting that they improve the facilities on Baywalk. For example, they can implement a shuttle service from a nearby parking lot to baywalk and the one that you suggested.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    go to fredlim.com. iyan ang offical website ni mayor

already sent an email re. the sidewalk situation in our area in singalong and san andres. attached the pictures i took.

this is my crusade since i envy the sidewalk of marikina. hirap ma sideswipe ako o anak ko!!!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Regarding the Baywalk, one recent news report said that the Manila city government plans to build the Manila Ocean Park on it, complete with an oceanarium, giant indoor viewing aquariums and a dolphin feeding area.

They plan to open it by December 15 of this year.
    Ano yun separate buliding na oceanarium? O gagamitin nila yung tubig sa Manila Bay? Pwede ba yun, ang dumi ng tubig dun.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kumusta na ang baywalk? tagal na ko di nakakadaan sa roxas eh. maaliwalas pa din ba pag gabi?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    -I hope mayor Lim will continue the programs of Mr. Atienza.Kahit magkalaban sila sa pulitika maganda ang epekto ng beautification sa Manila. I mean if manila can duplicate the work done by the Fernandos in Marikina, malaki ang i-improve ng overall socio-economic climate as well as yung environment sa manila.

-I hope Manila also will be the first LGU to purchase brand new PHUVs so that the uglyness of the those dilapidated jeeps as well as the uglyness created by jeepneys will be eliminated.

-Mayor Lim should also move all the sidewalk vendors in all manila street especially in Quiapo in one area.

-Sayang ang Quiapo tourist attraction din kaya lang dapat ma-remedy yung mga pollutions created by both vehicles and people. Ang daming vacant buildings dun dapat just like in Singapore o Shanghai i-redevelop them as shops and put all sidewalk vendors there. Just ask them to pay minimum amount.

- Lim should renovate MET theatre then ipa-renta para may revenues ang Manila. Ang daming dilapidated na government building near City Hall dapat ipa-develop thru BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer).

--Continue planting trees mayor lim para luminis ang hangin sa Manila.
    --papasukin nyo ang MMDA kasi kahit papaano the MMDA brought order in the Metro. Yung lang kasing ibang mayor di maatim na mas sikat si Fernando sa kanila e.

--Bring back Manila to its former Glory Mayor LIm.
    --Its still our undisputed national capital

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    palpak yun ginawa niya na intersection in front of cityhall,

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    palpak yun ginawa niya na intersection in front of cityhall,
    I agree with you bro...nagtratrapik dahil dito....sana masolusyonan nya ung mga bwisit na bus and jeeps na humihinto dun sa island

at un sa kabilang dako naman sa cityhall grabe ang trapik dito pag gabi dahil nagkukumpulan un mga jeep...dun sa me bonifacio monument

Mayor Lim, we voted for you....sana ayusin nyo naman ito...para sa ikabubuti ng lahat....pakiramdam ko piniplease nyo un mga jeepney drivers and vendors....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
alfredo lim / manila thread