New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Blue Ribbon Committee = Sort of Committee of Investigations.

According the Joker Arroyo's radio commentary (which I found very informative), the Blue Ribbon committee is technically the most powerful within the Senate as it has/can have jurisdiction over all areas of concern in terms of legislation.

Ang labas daw ngayon, pag meron mainit na issue, kahit na meron appropriate committee for that, lahat pinapasa sa Blue Ribbon.

So you could imagine the power struggle every time over whose going to be the chairman...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Comments? More trials by publicity... 'in aid of legislation' kuno. But no new laws will really be passed... Don't get me wrong, I'm no FG/GMA lover... just tired of the same old crap.
    Oo nga naman i agree publicity nnaman yan tpos wla naman nangyayari pa-pogi lang pra sumikat ulit, sa madaling salita marami exposure sa Media marami nauuto pra next election malay natin kumandidato nman ng vice president yan iboboto nnman ng masang Pinoy kc lagi nkikita sa TV na bumabatikos at naninira sinsamantala ung galit ng tao pra manalo haaay! naku! hindi na tyo natuto.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    para san ba talaga yan Blue Ribbon Commitee
    It is actually "Accountability of Public Officers & Investigations" tinawag lang nilang blue-ribbon committee.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    AFAIK, wala yatang naipasang batas si Mr Cayetano last congress, tama ba? Kasi puro pag iimbestiga ang ginagawa, which dapat yun yata ang unang trabaho ng mambabatas? Naisip ko tuloy ginawa nya yon para mapansin siya at manalo sa Senado. Hai naku...

Sana in aid of legislation talaga at wag lang for PR purposes. Sana di siya mapahiya gaya ng nangyari sa German account ni FG.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    e baka kaya nga siya nilagay dyan kasi nga incompetent sya mag-imbistiga, puro dakdak lang. so that means tuloy ang ligaya ng mga future na gagawa ng kalokohan at maimbestigahan hehehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Dahil ba tinira niya si FG kaya siya nilagay diyan?

Should that post be for those who display enough statemanship (whether imagined or not) and balanced views? I don't think Allan will have the public interest in mind as his priority. It will only embolden him to attack GMA and her programs with politics running in the background.

We never learn.
    Last edited by Hanren; August 11th, 2007 at 08:39 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    this man is showing his true colors. he knew beforehand that ping is interested to this committee and yet, he really worked it out to get it. can he not show some respect to senior senators. for all we know, he wants to increase his media mileage. 9 years in congress with not even single bill filed. AFAIK, bading daw to, mabunganga. sobra.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bakit eto nakuha ng isang tao na salita ng salita pero wala naman ebidensya at kapag hinamaon na samahan sna maghanap ng ebidensya ay biglang magtatago tapos biglang kakanddatong maging senador?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Maski naman si Sen. Joker Arroyo, walang malaking pasabog when he was the Chair of the Blue Ribbon committee. I was disappointed during his stint there, although I personally admire the man for his incorruptibility.

Hayaan muna natin si Cayetano. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    He-he! Dami against kay Cayetano ah.......

Sino ba gusto nyo umupo sa Blue Ribbon Committee?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Alan Peter Cayetano - Blue Ribbon Commitee Chairman