New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Agree ba kayo sa Total Gun Ban?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

18 29.51%
  • NO

43 70.49%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NO.

1. The PNP is generally incompetent. Just look at the kind of headlines they're making for the past 5-10 years. They're either on the losing end of solving violent crime or are directly or indirectly involved in committing it. Tell me, will that make an ordinary citizen feel safe?

2. Most of the criminals who use guns in their crimes are not licensed gun owners. What the hell would they need that for? So they can easily be traced?

3. A responsible gun owner will not, as a general rule, use his firearm unless its in self-defense and only as a means of last resort. Its like making a slogan, "Have Gun, Will Shoot People" a glittering generalization of all gun owners. They might as well include Noynoy and his shooting buddy Rico Puno.

4. Although the keeping or bearing of arms is not a right enshrined in our Constitution, the right to life is...and by extension...all available means with which to defend yours considering the inability of the State to keep you safe.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    voted no. mas maganda na yung me mystery kung me kargada ang isang tao o wala(legally). pag kasi me total gun ban baka lumaki ulo nung mga pasaway thinking na pag medyo matino yung tao e for sure walang kargada. so me konting check and balance.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    pag total gunban

alisin na ang pnp, soco na lang ang itira sila na lang ang may silbi

sa nagvote ng yes, bakit?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    OT: lastweek may tricycle dito nahulihan ng sumpak, sa harap ng bahay namin nakaparada.

siguro kung nabalita sa t.v. sasabihin nanaman " sa kabila ng brgy election gun ban isang tricycle driver nahulihan ng sumpak"

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremerider View Post
    More opinion Guy's and Gals...May poll po...Please vote!

The Anti Gun Movement say that carrying a FA outside residence will not reduce the chances that you get killed by lawless element since it is only by chance they pick you as prey... you call it...rapist, carnapper, pick pocketer, serial killer atbp...

Civilian don't have the rights to bear arms...it's just a priviledge given by the government and any time, they can take it away...
    Are they saying that based on statistics? So, that would essentially mean we should all just roll over and die. Or, better yet, act like sitting ducks.

How can they say that there are no violent confrontations, threatened or otherwise, which were de-escalated by a person legally owning a gun?

Better yet, would criminals be as brazen to target people who they know could be armed and be able to shoot back? How do they know? Fact is, they don't.

This leads me to believe that the anti-gun movement is being spearheaded by people who were either victims or have relatives or friends who were victims of a crime involving a firearm --- and they themselves were not armed or were unable to fight back their attacker.

So, as their only solution to this problem, they say, hey, why don't we confiscate everyone else's means of protection. That way, we can solve or eradicate crime. This is nuts. People get robbed at knifepoint on a daily basis and we all know that doesn't involve a gun. Yet, these yokels don't go around asking that knives be banned. Sheesh. What simplistic yet unreasonable logic.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Anti Gun Movement proposed that a total Gun Ban is the solution to the incresing gun related crimes and must be implemented...

Under this proposal, a civilian will be prohibited to carry his/her firearms outside residence since it is the duty and responsibilty of the PNP to conduct peace and order as well as to look after the safety of the civilian againts criminal element in public places...
    AGREE AKO!

KUNG totoong TOTAL gun ban.

The operative word is TOTAL. As in lahat tayo bawal magbitbit or mag may-ari ng baril.

Civilian & Police/Army/Gov't/ Etc. pare-pareho tayong lahat walang baril.

Eh ang gusto lang naman nila Pacheco et. al. (gunless society) eh civilians lang ang alisan ng baril.

Pulis/Gov't/Military meron pa rin.

IMO, hindi TOTAL gun ban yan. SELECTIVE gun ban ang adbokasiya nila.

Pag nangyari ang gusto nila na SELECTIVE gun ban, mga tulad lang nila Ampatuan ang merong armas.

PWEH.
    Last edited by leonleon; October 21st, 2010 at 04:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    More opinion Guy's and Gals...May poll po...Please vote!

Some of the Anti Gun Movement comments that they feel intimidated if they see some civilian carrying their FA outside residence and they feel unsafe because there's a chance that this responsible owner may snap and used his/her FA to shoot anyone...

Any comment...hehehe...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    agree ako total gun ban sa mga criminals and mga polintiko takot sa anino nila...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Some of the Anti Gun Movement comments that they feel intimidated if they see some civilian carrying their FA outside residence and they feel unsafe because there's a chance that this responsible owner may snap and used his/her FA to shoot anyone...
    Di yung mga "intimidated" matuto na rin magdala ng baril para kung may mag snap na gun-owner puwede nila depensahan sarili nila.

Seriously, though, lahat naman tayo TAO. Yung mamang pulis tao. Yung sundalo tao. Yung politko tao. Yung presidente ng Pilipinas tao. Meaning, lahat tayo puwede mag-"snap" because of stress. So bakit yung ibang TAO (sundalo, pulis, security guard, body guard, etc.) lang puwede magdala ng baril, kung puwede din silang mag-"snap" dahil they are humans too like you and I, di ba? Get my point?

Palitan ko lang ang sinabi ng isang mayor: GUN for all, or NO GUNS at all. Dapat ganun.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Big No! A gunless society is a dream that will never flourish. By the defention of the word crminal, its someone who breaks or does not fllow the law. Therefore, it is not reasonable to expect a criminal to disarm himself bec there is a gun ban. However, a law abiding citizen will effectively become defenseless by following the law.

Dont even think that the police will be able to protect you. The PNP is undermanned, underfunded and ill equipped to deal with all the cases they have. Most of them dont have enough firearms training. Just read the newspapers, when there is a shootout involving cops, chances are a bystander will be hit.

As for security guards, I used to shoot in a range where they qualify with FAs. They shoot about 6 rounds or .38 and 2 rounds of birdshot from a shotgun. Most of them dont even know the 4 basic rules of gun safety. I see guards with very poor muzzle control. They keep pointing their shotguns all over the place. I have been sweeped by the barrel on more than one occasion. I also noticed that some guards foolishly cover the barrel with their hands or rest it on their feet. Great way to loose a body part if you get a negligent discharge.

As someone posted earlier, almost all fire arms related crimes are done with unregistered guns owned by criminals. They are the problem, not the law abiding citizen who obey the law and whose gun/s are already registered with the PNP.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Agree ba kayo sa Total Gun Ban?