New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sentra98 View Post
    Sir additional lang po ...
    if they get away with it, the deal is done and the services are still delivered. But the Filipinos will be paying Php1 billion per year for 25 years from their 12%taxes(sana di na taasan dahil mataas na talaga, New York nga 10% lang yata).

if they fail, the deal is cancelled and we all have nothing to look forward to think out of the box, yan ang kelangan natin ngaun. Since the beginning there were nothing to look forward to becasue there were no feasibility studies nor blueprint of this kind of project.
    Sir Sentra, just to clarify things out, those were OB's words, ni-quote ko lang din po sya

Kapatid na OB, half-sensible naman yang sinasabi mong pakinabangan na lang yang mga projects na yan tutal andyan na yan eh. ang di lang maatim ng konsensya ko is the way those projects were orchestrated. i just can't tolerate that kind of corruption to the nth degree. E kaya nga ginigisa si tatang abalos sa senado ngayon dahil sa kawalang hiyaan niya sa pagpatong ng kikckback nya e. if everything on that NBN deal and other government projects were done on the legal playing field, e di win-win situation sana both sa gov't and sa mamamayang pinoy. E kaso sa gusto mong mangyari, mga buwaya lang ang maligaya eh.

Let's put it this way and i hope i can rock your senses out on to the right track. Sariling pera mo gamitin natin. Nagpagawa ka ng bahay, a simple house, and your contractor presented you the bill equivalent to a mansion in ayala alabang. your new house serves you your need anyway kaso nilaslas naman ang bulsa mo ng balasubas na contractor mo at siguradong nabaon ka pa sa utang at magugutom ang pamilya mo kaso andyan na yan eh, sayang naman yung haybols mo kung hindi mo titirahan. Anyway, pera mo naman ang ginamit dyan. magdusa ka na lang magbayad ng utang mo until kingdom come. you get the drift, bro? In the kind of world that you want to live in, the cycle of corruption will never end coz you condone/tolerate it. Ika nga ng yumaong Raul Roco, "kaya umiiksi ang kalsada dahil sa kurapsyon, kaya nawawala ang tubig sa gripo dahil sa kurapsyon..."

The end doesn't always justify the means. the better alternative is "you should get what you pay for".

But hey, it's your opinion and you are entitled to that. peace!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    the check and balance here are the timely delivery of services by our leaders. kaya nga naimbento ang term na "checks and balances" kasi hindi nga kaya implement perfectly ang by the book system. check and balance are just like a sampling point in science kasi you can't test/experiment/observe all. yun lang yun.
    for a while i didn't understand your point here..the only check and balance I can see in your reasoning was the "cheque that ZTE advance to Abalos and the remaining Balance for Mr & Mrs Pidal".

I would have like to refute your opinion on the matter of ZTE but I couldn't have pointed it out better than what galactus, xoom and clarkent has.

You talk of being the benefit is what matters more regardless of how questionable the project was acquired? Hmmm, I don't know if we really are on the same page here. There is no question about the benefits of a broadband interconnectivity of all gov't offices nationwide. But what we are trying to question here is the legality, transparency and regularity of this project (NBN). And as you can see the way this issue is unfolding, the real benefit was only for abalos and a few greedy official who don't care an inch on the interest of the people they are sworn to serve (except for Pidal who only sworn to uphold the interest of his queen). For one, their was no feasibility studies conducted and it smells corruption up to the highest level.

Corruption from the highest office of the land is bound to happen again and again and again and again if all Filipino think like you OB. Paano nalang kaya ang magiging apo ko nito.

OT:

"Ang kabataan ang pag asa ng Bayan" - Jose Rizal

"Ang kabataan ang pambayad ng Bayan" - Jose Pidal

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    if half of pinoys think like me, then we are a singapore or a hongkong.
    buti na lang linagyan mo ng smiley at the end ...

because that is a very,very stupid remark to make with a straight face.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    for a while i didn't understand your point here..the only check and balance I can see in your reasoning was the "cheque that ZTE advance to Abalos and the remaining Balance for Mr & Mrs Pidal".

I would have like to refute your opinion on the matter of ZTE but I couldn't have pointed it out better than what galactus, xoom and clarkent has.

You talk of being the benefit is what matters more regardless of how questionable the project was acquired? Hmmm, I don't know if we really are on the same page here. There is no question about the benefits of a broadband interconnectivity of all gov't offices nationwide. But what we are trying to question here is the legality, transparency and regularity of this project (NBN). And as you can see the way this issue is unfolding, the real benefit was only for abalos and a few greedy official who don't care an inch on the interest of the people they are sworn to serve (except for Pidal who only sworn to uphold the interest of his queen). For one, their was no feasibility studies conducted and it smells corruption up to the highest level.

Corruption from the highest office of the land is bound to happen again and again and again and again if all Filipino think like you OB. Paano nalang kaya ang magiging apo ko nito.

OT:

Corruption has no cure. The Pinoys have always tried to be vigilant against these kind of illegal transactions in the government but it repeats over and over again. I guess that's why some people are so sick of it and couldn't care less about it. So some also decide on leaving the country for good.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Corruption has no cure. The Pinoys have always tried to be vigilant against these kind of illegal transactions in the government but it repeats over and over again. I guess that's why some people are so sick of it and couldn't care less about it. So some also decide on leaving the country for good.
    Yes, that is true...But I still believed that changes can be made if we keep the vigil. We may not see the result on our lifetime, but perhaps the generation before us will benefit from our efforts. Justice will be serve...I just hope we as a Filipino people won't succomb to apathy..

OT:

Might I share this site http://www.getrealphilippines.com/1-00_intro.html to you. There are some interesting issues on us being a Filipino that the author has pointed out specially on his downloadable book get real philippines.

Although I don't very much approved on how he described us as a whole, still it really makes you wonder whether he might have a clear grasp of the real reason why the philippines is now at its present state.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Might I share this site http://www.getrealphilippines.com/1-00_intro.html to you. There are some interesting issues on us being a Filipino that the author has pointed out specially on his downloadable book get real philippines.

Although I don't very much approved on how he described us as a whole, still it really makes you wonder whether he might have a clear grasp of the real reason why the philippines is now at its present state.
    OT: Nice site there. I think that the Pinoys have a damaged culture. It seems that it must've been better if we became the 51st state of the US. Just take a look at our names, it's too Americanized. Parang hilaw na Kano tayo Well, that's what our prof says. Try reading "The Philippines, a Century Hence" by Jose Rizal. It's best explained there. It's a very good read.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    no matter how much it costs...wow...

where would the money to repay the loans be coming from? it would come from the taxpayers. and if the tax is not enough, they would have to increase the tax rate to be able to generate enough money to re-pay so that the credit standing of our country will not be in peril. and we will be paying for those debts that somehow had been pocketed by corrupt officials.

you get a 1M loan from a bank to put a roof over your head (nice long-term benefit for you and your kids, right?). but the bank says : "Mr. OB, because it is a good benefit for you and your family, before i approve your loan you have to agree to give me half of that 1M. In effect, your take-out would only be 500K but you need to pay the whole amount of 1M plus interest"...

Nice deal? Fair Deal?

Yes, because no matter how much it costs, i would enjoy the long-term benefits for the future generation.

it doesn't matter naman eh kelan ba bumaba ang binabayaran natin. kahit naman sa america dati less than $1 ang isang hamburger ngaun halos $5 na din

my dad used to tell me na sweldo niya noon eh P300/month.

these are all given. kahit pigain nyo pa gobyerno at magpakadalubhasa kayo sa accounting, nowhere to go but up ang bayarinng kahit sinuman satin sa future.

====

it really surprises me na meron pa din nag-iisip sa inyo na kapag napigilan ang ZTE deal or any anomalous deal sa govt eh makakatipid tayo sa future. that's living in a dreamworld ...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ganito na lang OB, para maintindihan mo..since you said you just bought a hyundai sta fe, siguro nag canvass ka rin and look for the best deal diba? so since a car is for one's convenience would you pay P3M for a hyundai sta fe? the end justifies the means diba? if ok lang saiyo then all of our cars are for sale exclusively for you.....

I doubt it kung magiging singapore or HK tayo if half of us think like you, how can that be kung sa singapore they don't take corruption lightly....

or maybe this is the "legal way" your talking about to earn Tcash....??? to go against everybody else kahit flawed ang reasoning mo....I just noticed na lately lahat ng post mo reagrding sa any subject kontra sa nakakarami......

I paid 1.5M for a not so popular SUV and not so popular brand in Aug 2006. during that time, I can be considered a stupid person to be paying 1.5M for a 4x2 Korean diesel SUV while yun ever popular Toyota Fort na 4x2 eh 1.2M lang.

ngaun lang naman naging worth ang SF dito bec. very vocal ako sa quality nito since aug 2006. I'm one of those who made the Sta FE popular here in tsikot.

try to read the first 10 pages of the SF thread, lahat kontra, lahat mina-mock, lahat namamahalan sa price ng SF, lahat halos sinasabi hindi worth. pero ngaun lahat namumurahan bec. the car is already delivering the positive aura to the potential car buyers.

I tell you if the broadband network gets installed, siguro naman masasabi it's worth it, kasi tenfold or hundredfold ang mga tao/sistema matutulungan nito.

it's just like the Php 1B+ Macapagal Road, lagi dati sinisigaw sa radyo sa media overpriced, mahal, hindi worth. pero ngaun, isa na sa pinagmamalaki natin sa buong mundo. dun na ginaganap ang world pyro olympics, intl. and local trade shows, plus it's one of the Philippines very promising future financial district.

is this so hard to comprehend? at kinekelagan i-disprove nyo ko. I have been giving you real-time examples already, for god's sake.

====

gusto nyo balik tayo kay Erap eh, siya ang example na nag-put to waste ng 200M Cetennial Village sa Pampanga dahil sa intrigahan. pinalabas niya na overpriced, mahal, may anomalya si Ramos, naninwala ang taung-bayan. hayun that's 200M pesos worth of taxpayers money down the drain.
    ginagamit ba' to ngaun. no man's land

gusto nyo pa, lahat ng pinatayo ng mag-asawang Marcos. the Sarimanok ampli-Theatre (imagine during the 70's mayroon na pala tayo state of the art theatre) in UP Los Banos, the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant, Yun Palace in the Sky sa Tagaytay, and of course, yun mga art bldgs (CCP, PICC, Coconut Palace etc.) sa unang reclamation. dahil branded as corrupt ang mga Marcoses, kasama bumagsak etong mga 'to na sana naging symbolo ng inspiration sa mga kabataan as well as pride natin sa mundo noon.

yan ang pinoy, basta pikon sa isang tao o isang pamilya kahit yun mga magaganda nagawa nya o puwede magdulot ng maganda sa'tin dinadamay na din.

just think of this, mabuti nga naiisipan ng gobyerno ngaun na mag-broadband eh. that alone can be considered a milestone achievement on their part kase they are trying initiate change from within.

bakit naman gagawa ng hakbang si Abalos o si FG or even si GMA na i-computerize/i-network ang gobyerno, eh di nawalan din sila ng racket after this project and at this early sa term nya. ang sarap sarap ng dino-age bureaucracy eh lalo na sa mga matatanda saka mga computer illiterate.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005

OT:

ang masasabi ko lang eh na-replyan kita hopefully sa same page. but I agree, we're not on the same page.

i dont question legalities (bec. i'm not a legal person) and I'm not prejudgmental (bec. i dont have first-hand info of the issue * hand).

and another thing, I also dont take the words of the media as absolute truth.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ganyan talaga. Iba iba magisip mga tao

Obstacles to success mga ganun

Abalos again!!!???