New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys question, in AT kelan ba mag shishift to 2?

while in motion ba? or what?

thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anytime...

why not just leave it in D?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think 2 is used to make the car move from a full stop if your driving in ice or snow right?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Leave the O/D on and let the ECU do the thinking. Put the O/D of when climbing or descending long and steep grades or when towing. Otherwise just keep it on.

You use "2" when you want the transmission to shift only up to second gear. Just use your better judgement. Just exactly when do you need a manual transmission to go only up to second gear? Let that be your guide.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Follow up question... O/D off only works with "D", right? Useless mag O/D off with D2 or L?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup O/D will work only in D because in "2" and in "L" you will not reach the overdrive gear. Kasi nga restricted to second and first gear respectively lang.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Thanks Masters mbt and OTEP...

OT: parang weird lang yung naming ng O/D on and off. Feeling ko dapat baliktad... If you need more power, dapat O/D on ang tawag, not O/D off. Kasi there are 2 variants of A/T, di ba? With and without O/D. Eh yung mga without O/D, they can reach the 4th gear by default. Wala lang... just blabbering nonsense...
    Last edited by paolorenzo; November 24th, 2003 at 10:43 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    questions pa ulet mga sir. correct me if im wrong... yun AT na may overdrive ba uses the belt system? pag off sya ay less ratio kaya more torque ang nakukuha but less speed? pag on naman ay less torque but more speed dahil sa nagpalit ng ratio yun gears?

yun lower gears yata are for ascending and for descending steep hills or roads.... uubusin kasi preno mo lalo na pag di ka gagamit ng engine stop so ang max speed ata pag off ang overdrive is 50-60 kph.. im not sure sa gas engines.. di ko lang sure, just correct me if i'm mistaken.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oo nga po follow up lang pag pa baba ng baguio (marcos or kennon) anong maganda gamitin naka off yung over drive with "D" ? kasi parang sobrang bilis naman kung walang engine break tapos pudpud ang breaks.

tnk u po

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
when to shift to over drive?