New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    gud evening bros,
    i'm a newbie in this forum & this is my 1st post...my vehicle is a 97 nissan pathfinder pick-up 4x4 diesel (locally assembled), all stock including the original a/c compressor w/c is a calsonic...

The Problem is:
    the temp of the a/c vanishes when i'm caught in heavy traffic or have been driving the whole day...but as soon as i rev the engine or step on the gas to 3,000 rpm the temp comes back as if nothing happened...then the cold disappears again as soon as i get caught in traffic...this has been happening for a few mos now...need help as i can't afford to buy another compressor (w/c i think is still good) i think the problem lies in other systems of the a/c just don't know w/c part is it...pls help..thanx in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    low on freon?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    condenser fan might not be working properly causing the system to build high pressure..

or your expansion valves are not working properly starving your ac system of refrigerant

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    If it doesn't blow cold at low engine speed or at stop it may be low on freon or it could be the fryer on it clogged up. It could be an A/C belt slipping, a faulty fan switch, a temperamental compressor or a defective fan. Among other problems. You should take it to an HVAC-trained technician to get a proper diagnosis.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thanx guys for ur reply...well the belts r all new including the condenser fan...i think i it could probably be the condenser...i just want to have at least a hint of what might be wrong before i go 2 a shop so coz usually they'll telll me to get a new compressor or install this & that at least w/ ur advises & i won't be spending hard earned cash on useless items that aren't really needed....more advises are welcome thanx again in advance

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I recommend that you get your A/C system checked over. It sounds like you have lost the Freon.

Do some test in your car.

1. Watch if that your engine coolant temperature starts to rise also. If it did..... problem is the thermostat and that is a salty repair so i hope you the best.

2. A test. Park in your driveway, open the hood, start engine at idle, turn on a/c. The radiator cooling fan should start any time a/c is on. If not there is a problem in the fan electrical system. Good luck.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    bros,
    good news-PROBLEM SOLVED! :cheer:
    just visited an a/c shop in mandaluyong near my office...the culprit was the WASHER! (worn-out) found inside the hub cover of the compressor's pulley! Apparently, the shop also had a customer who had the same problem w/c was why they were able to determin the fault immediately..even if a had to wait for more than 2 hrs for the operation, it was worth the wait hehehe!they just took-off 1 washer & left 1 in then Viola problem solved!...i was able to enjoy the my truck's cool a/c on my way home amids the bumper to bumper traffic hehehe! whereas, just this am i still had to gun the engine several times just to let the a/c blow cool air...
    thanx guys for all ur inputs & ur concern maaasahan talaga kyo! a merry x-mas to u all! :party:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnym4 View Post
    bros,
    good news-PROBLEM SOLVED! :cheer:
    just visited an a/c shop in mandaluyong near my office...the culprit was the WASHER! (worn-out) found inside the hub cover of the compressor's pulley! Apparently, the shop also had a customer who had the same problem w/c was why they were able to determin the fault immediately..even if a had to wait for more than 2 hrs for the operation, it was worth the wait hehehe!they just took-off 1 washer & left 1 in then Viola problem solved!...i was able to enjoy the my truck's cool a/c on my way home amids the bumper to bumper traffic hehehe! whereas, just this am i still had to gun the engine several times just to let the a/c blow cool air...
    thanx guys for all ur inputs & ur concern maaasahan talaga kyo! a merry x-mas to u all! :party:
    happy to hear na-fix agad problem mo sa A/C... hassle pag walang A/C sa daan... especially sa tirik ng araw sa tanghali...

cheers and merry christmas ren po!

btw, you may want to refrain from using textspeak... marami magagalet =)
    hehehehe

whats wrong w/ my a/c compressor?