New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ianrex- since we have the same ride, your data on fuel consumption is nearly identical to mine, on the average worst: =<9km/l, best =>12.5km/l (hiway drive only) but shifting on higher +300rpm mark. though on a trip to pagudpod when the dmax was 4mos old, i made a surprising 14.4km/l but i now could not duplicate it even when idrove to pagudpod another 3 times i recall =<13km/l ang best ko. i think i just had my PMS or the type of oil or fuel ???. previosly a shell fuels guy, now i believe the marketing crap of petron but my cars seems to agree.

s-works and quiksie - i do practice a combination of what you suggested .

otep - i checked my cars, oo nga sa speedometer, i think the crusing speed at top gear is located on 11 o.clock, 12o.clock or 1 o.clock position

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sir, base on my experience with turbodiesels (patrol and Strada), you should keep the rpm at at least 1800k to have decent 'shove' even on flat gradient. For good performance and economy, try keeping it below 2500k. If you drive aggressively, you should keep it between 2000k-3500k. Reving your engine to its redline occassionaly is also suggested to prevent deposits from building up.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by S-works
    optimum cruising speed would probably mean fast enough to get from A to B, without using too much fuel right? my guess for my own ride, in 5th gear w/ rpm around 2-2.5k rpm. speed around 80-100 kph would be just right. i notice higher fuel consumption when speeding at 110 and up, about 1-2 kms less per liter :-)
    sir, tama ka. normally mas matipid talaga sa range ng 80 to 100 km/h, at 70 km/h it is also efficient kaya lang mabagal, nakakabagot. another thing is, try to maintain a constant average speed. kung 80 km/h then that's it, hindi yung accelerate ka pa hanggang 100 then decelerate to 80 then accelerate ulit. malakas sa fuel consumption ang ganoong klase ng driving style.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    ianrex- since we have the same ride, your data on fuel consumption is nearly identical to mine, on the average worst: =<9km/l, best =>12.5km/l (hiway drive only) but shifting on higher +300rpm mark. though on a trip to pagudpod when the dmax was 4mos old, i made a surprising 14.4km/l but i now could not duplicate it even when idrove to pagudpod another 3 times i recall =<13km/l ang best ko. i think i just had my PMS or the type of oil or fuel ???. previosly a shell fuels guy, now i believe the marketing crap of petron but my cars seems to agree.

s-works and quiksie - i do practice a combination of what you suggested .

otep - i checked my cars, oo nga sa speedometer, i think the crusing speed at top gear is located on 11 o.clock, 12o.clock or 1 o.clock position

sir kurt, haven't made my most fuel efficient as of this time except for 13.7 km/L in a combination of city and highway. could it be in consistency of driving style? teka sir, open ba yung bed mo? yung dmax kasi namin open, kaya ganun lang ang kaya. i figure i can squeeze out more kung mas efficient ang aerodynamics ko. hehe.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    normally open nga but for vacations its loaded with stuff and covered with lawna. as for long distance driving style - cruise at 90 upto 120kph or upto 3k RPM depends upon the road conditions and aircon always on.

but happy na ko sa averages ko. its a non-crdi 3litre engine with a open box at the rear. i follow the innova thread and im happy that the dmax is still a contender for a fuel economy run.

many have suggested to install a bed cover to improve its aerodynamics to allow for better fuel economy. what i want is a clip.on or strap.on lawna (already seen one on the road so i plan to visit gandara st. in ongpin to look for one - lawna capital of metro.mla) since this is the best for my needs

or maybe a a color keyed campershell to try and mimic an alterra. joke seriously.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    ...Reving your engine to its redline occassionaly is also suggested to prevent deposits from building up.
    Is this safe? How many RPMs above the red line can you safely push a diesel engine? For how many seconds or minutes should this procedure be performed, and how often is "occasionally"?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir mikey, pretty safe. basta wag mo lang biglain. build some momentum first. rip the rewards later. haven't tried pa pero ako kasi,basta na maxxed out ko na yung 100% hp, tinitigilan ko na.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    normally open nga but for vacations its loaded with stuff and covered with lawna. as for long distance driving style - cruise at 90 upto 120kph or upto 3k RPM depends upon the road conditions and aircon always on.

but happy na ko sa averages ko. its a non-crdi 3litre engine with a open box at the rear. i follow the innova thread and im happy that the dmax is still a contender for a fuel economy run.

many have suggested to install a bed cover to improve its aerodynamics to allow for better fuel economy. what i want is a clip.on or strap.on lawna (already seen one on the road so i plan to visit gandara st. in ongpin to look for one - lawna capital of metro.mla) since this is the best for my needs

or maybe a a color keyed campershell to try and mimic an alterra. joke seriously.

sir, pa-post ng pic once you decided to install a lona. yun ba yung may velcro? i'm contemplating on having one. saka how much.

thanks!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    Is this safe? How many RPMs above the red line can you safely push a diesel engine? For how many seconds or minutes should this procedure be performed, and how often is "occasionally"?
    Actually, 3.5k should be enough to do it. The idea of redlining is to fully lubricate the valve-system. Doesn't have to be more than once or twice a week.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Actually, 3.5k should be enough to do it. The idea of redlining is to fully lubricate the valve-system. Doesn't have to be more than once or twice a week.
    acknowledged sir niky.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
what's the optimum cruising speed for diesel pickup