New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Does'nt diesel fuel come with detergents to clean the engine? I've that read that reving up an engine once in a while is good bec. these detergents will actually clean it.

Anyways... I usually shift just before it hits the 2k mark. On hiways, I shift when it slightly goes above the 2k. But there are overtaking situations where I have to rev up to 3k. Tourque is really tremendous on this truck. On my 'recent' 5kPMS, I used fully synthetic oil(petron all terrain 4x4) rather than opting for the casa oil. I have yet to see any affects bec this was just a week ago.

I just have a question though... how many minutes do you usually "warm up" the engine in the morning? And when before shutting it down, how many minutes do you usally let it idle?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I usually shift below the 2k mark to obtain effiecient fuel consumption. Usually I wait for the "feel" of the engine before I shift. It's hard to describe, probably right before the turbo kicks in. I do this because once you let the turbo kick in until you reach maximum torque it would compromise fuel efficiency. More hp : more air : more fuel burned.

OT na: I usually wait for the temp to rise up to normal levels (halfway) during warm ups in the morning. As for the idling before stopping, I wait for say 1-3mins before shutting it off. I f I came from an incline, say a hill, I wait a bit longer for the turbo to "normalize" or cool down a bit. I don't reve up the engine before shutting off.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    sir may nabasa ako kailangan daw 30 second warm up lang daw sa cold start... avoid idling for a long time, your engine will be harm due to lack supply of oil. the oil can supply your engine more if its moving but don't make a rapid acceleration jan mo kelangan intayin mag rise ang temp gauge mo half way chaka ka pa lang pwede mag hataw mode!!!! sir nabasa ko sa brochure ng khaos!!!! dati kasi ganon din ginagawa ko almost 15 min nga ako nagpapainit ng makina pero now 30secs-1min. lang andar nako agad pero mabagal lang muna!!!
    Last edited by likot; August 2nd, 2005 at 08:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    honestly, duda ako sa khaos. I personally don't believe they have credibility. Anyway, I usually leave the house in a hurry. so I don't really rev up the engine too hard when running at a cold engine. but at times that I could wait for the engine to warm up at half mark I do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
what's the optimum cruising speed for diesel pickup