New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I have nothing against LRCP. In fact, their president, and many members are friends of mine. I guess since media invitations and sponsorship were thru LRCP efforts, they should get, and deserve, full benefit and glory without allowing it to be dilluted by the presence of other makes.

Yes, Land Rovers have a pedigree and many of their biggest events are exclusive to LRCP members. This High-Peak trail on Feb 8-9 appears to be just that.

I just find it a bit funny that Phil's Vitara was edited out of most footage when he trailed with them for Cong. Zubiri's "Explorers" tv show a couple of years back.

If his Nissan Frontier is trail-leading this one, I wonder what type of editing will be done this time.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    That's my point exactly, I respect the High Peak ride because the LRCP does indeed have a valid cause to promote. Like you, I have friends there too.

Your mention of the Vitara being edited out takes the cake though. I guess our vehicles are just unworthy to be associating with such a distinguished marque. We are the "unclean", the pariah of the 4x4 social strata (hahaha!!). I guess we'll just have to watch from a distance lest our stench offend the wool and Connoly leather crowd.

Actually, I'm saying this all in jest. I hope the members of the LRCP do not get offended. I'm just poking them in the ribs. I wouldn't want to be edited out of the trail now.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Latest from AI (tmc306) offroading thread:

For those interested, Phil Geeslin is organizing a mini-expedition to High Peak from Feb 28-March 1. General itinerary will be as follows:

Feb 28, Friday - Travel to Iba, Zambales & check-in at a small resort
    March 1, Saturday - Hit the trails, whole day; camp out overnight
    March 2, Sunday - Maybe some additional trails, then head back to Manila.

According to him, the trails change every visit but will be getting some feedback from the Land Cruiser club (last weekend) and the Land Rover Club (Feb 6-9 i think), so more info should follow.

From his experience however, and my description of Wolverine's Jurassic Park, he said it's likely less technical but definitely more scenic. (somebody said the same words here i think)

Anyway, please post if you're interested, cheers!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    last year, there were 4 non-rovers (2 toyotas and 2 nissans incl. Phil.) and during media coverage, they were excluded. but we (im in the toyota) understand.

i think its not Land Rover versus other 4x4 brands.
    its only due to trail capacity.
    masikip talaga yung camping grounds,
    kahit mag-u-turn lang mahirap.

i hope this clears the matter.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I share the same sentiments with Wolverine.

Now lets get this organized so that I could tell Mr. Geeslin how many vehicles are likely to join this trail on March 1 & 2 in Hi-Peak (or we could also add the Feb.28). He did also told me that it is advisable that the vehicles come in pairs, so that the other could still continue with the trails when a vehicle breakdown should unexpectedly occur.

Do you guys think there is a limit capacity for the vehicles going up? I may have to confer this with Mr. Geeslin.

So far, this people have confirmed yet:
    *afrasay & tess (Pajero Gen I)
    *lc80 (Toyota LC80)
    *kimpOy (Mitsubishi Strada Gen I)
    *Olive Drab
    *tebats
    **tmc306 (Ford Ranger 4X4)
    **rvt722 (Pajero Gen II or Jeep)
    **rookie (Isuzu Pick-up 4X4 or Suzuki Vitara)
    **doc (Suzuki Vitara)
    **wahoo (Suzuki Vitara)

-Note: I will have to confirm the guys from ai.ORG, who and how many vehicles will come.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di pa ako sure sir.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo ako din medyo may lakad yata ako sa march 1 tsk tsk,
    pede bang reset? o kung hindi na ok lang next time na lang :cry:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So are we still going? Mukhang malabo na yata mga tsikot peeps. :roll:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    waatt?!?!?!?! nag vacation pa naman kami

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I seemed to have lost count of the people who would still want to go.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
UNGAS, re: Hi-peak, Zambales trip Feb.8-9