New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hello Guys,

Have been searching the net regarding light truck reviews specifically the Hino 300 series and the Isuzu NKR models (4-litre models) with little luck. These type of vehicles are not much talked about on the net (maybe because its not driven personally) so am crossing my fingers that there will be somebody in this forum that has experience with these trucks.

Here in MM, there is a strong bias for the isuzu brand mainly because its been in the market for years and quite popular. But that is besides the point. We dont buy mainly on the merit of the brand itself but on the acutal performance too (at least for me).

Hino has been in the market here for years as well but they are better known for their bigger trucks and buses. Now they have introduced the light truck.

Anybody who got this Hino 4-wheeler? How is the performance? If you have both the Isuzu and Hino in your fleet, how do they compare (performance, maintenance, spare parts, etc)?

Your feedbacks are appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by a54114012879177 View Post
    ito na naman itong taong ito, calling mod bawal ba ang ganito?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    6 wheeler pinaka maliit na truck ng HINO 6 cylinder diesel ( fleet used by cocacola, asia brewery in 80's-90's) pag 4 wheeler usually "toyota dyna" na with 3B diesel engine (surplus/imported) naka subok nako OK naman handling...hirap lang at mas mahal parts compared sa ISUZU or MITSUBISHI

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thanks for your reply cuecraftsman.

toyota dyna nga itong light truck na ito sa ibang bansa. i was told that the cost of spare parts are more expensive than isuzu. by how much ito mas mahal (in %) kay sa isuzu at ano ba ang madalas na masira sa ganitong mga truck?

btw, saan ka pala bumibili ng spare parts for hino? there are several hino auto parts store at grace park and manila which have been in the business for decades. siguro naman may parts sila for this model in a few years time.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sorry, double post.
    Last edited by mojojojo; August 27th, 2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: double post

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ah, dont worry about the part of Hino 300 series (Dutro). . sigurado na in time madaming part ito. . and compared to other light trucks, mas malapad at makapal ang chasis ng Hino light truck. . If you want to test drive the unit, ok lang. . schedule natin. .

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    917K Pesos pala to..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the offer for a test drive louieryan but our office just took delivery of this truck a few days ago. Have driven it around for a few kms and cant give a worthy comment so far. Give us a few months, I might be able to give a feedback by then.

Hino gave us a good deal for the cab, chassis & passenger van body (all from Hino) which made us decide over an equivalent Isuzu+3rd party PV body unit.

I think Isuzu, Hino & the other truck importer/manufacturer's are selling whatever stocks they have now, or until the end of the year na lang. The govt is mandating the trucks sold by 2010 be euro-2 compliant already and the current models are still euro-1. So I suppose the cost of these trucks will be higher by 2010?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ok. had this unit for about a month now.

all i can say is: "its a truck." :captain:

its very bouncy, more bouncy than the bounciest pickup truck! whenever you run thru an uneven pavement (yung concrete road blocks) that have deformed like fallen dominos, the truck will bounce hard and since you bounce with it, you tend to release the accelarator and the truck jerks around further; which means you cant drive it fast as you would like it to well, maybe in a few years time after we torture this unit, the springs will soften up :naughty2:

looking at the build of the unit, it looks quite durable naman. will see in a few years time....

the cost is lower than the isuzu nkr which is equivalent to it (not the nhr).

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hello,

How is your Hino Truck now after these years? Reliability, maintenance, parts support, what products do you haul?

I am looking for an Isuzu alternative

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hino 300 Series Light Truck (Dutro)