New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung sakaling di na magandang mag-charge ang alternator ng 4D56 (Intercooler Turbo/NA) ano ba ang usual na sira nito? How much does it costs to repair? a new alternator? surplus?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    surplus/new daw 5k+. repair, carbon lang papalitan, mura lang. pag yun IC mga 1.2 to 1.5 k

BTW a new OEM alternator would cost around 30k.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    afaik, the alternator of a starex is compatible with the 4d56... you can get a brand new one at around 10-11k... some even say that the starex alternator is better than the stock one the 4d56 uses since it provides higher amperage...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, the 5k alternator i was refering to is for the starex van. got mine two years ago at blumentritt. naka box box pa. 110 amp rating. fits my gen1 well.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    usually IC nga yan. had the mistake of bringing our pajero to the mitsubishi casa when the bat warning light came on. the job was just subcontracted to Yock's Electrical, as reflected on my official receipt. so mas mura kung dumiretso nang ipagawa sa Yock's. problem nga lang, i forgot to ask kung saan ang shop ng Yock's

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    mge ser, sencia na...OT!

how can u tell what the ampere rating of an alternator really is?

labels?
    tests?

salamat ng marami!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    What do you mean when you say "IC"?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ako rin, i had my IC (i guess that's integrated circuit) replaced sa altenator ko and it cost about P2,000.

andy

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alfred, ilan Amperes ba yung stock?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by momoyster
    usually IC nga yan. had the mistake of bringing our pajero to the mitsubishi casa when the bat warning light came on. the job was just subcontracted to Yock's Electrical, as reflected on my official receipt. so mas mura kung dumiretso nang ipagawa sa Yock's. problem nga lang, i forgot to ask kung saan ang shop ng Yock's
    Yock's is located along EDSA, near the approach to Aurora Blvd in Cubao. If you're southbound approaching Aurora, take the service road, huwag kang mag-ilalim. You'll find Yock's on the right side of EDSA, beside a lumber and hardware store.

IMHO, duda ako sa Yock's na yan. Maybe yung itsura nila sa labas is just not that reassuring, but you'll never know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
4D56 Alternator???