New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gurus,

I plan to have my gen 2 pajero lifted by two 2inches sa front and back.

Any suggestions? Do I really need to change the shocks and coils?

If I need to do so, price range? :lol:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancelot::: Crank up the torsion bar, change shock absorbers for longer strokes. You will need to change those rear coils for improved handling instead of spacers above it.
    The price will range depending on the brand of shocks you will use and suspension parts that will need replacements like: suspension bushings, coils, caster bushing and etc. You will probably start from 20K to as much as 50K to be able to achieve your targeted lift height.

Or you may opt like pajerokid did to his ride, increased the rear height but maintained the front specs to its original height (I think he even lowered the front). OTEP did lift up his vehicle on all four sides.

There are many brands to choose from, my advice is that you give them a ring first before deciding to install if there are available stock for your ride. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano ba ang intentions mo for the lift? Aesthetic or function?

Kung aesthetic lang...baka body lift is a cheaper option...baka less than P15K kaya na.

Kung function...handa ka ng at least P50K. Baka more kasi, mas okey rin pagnalift mo e maglagay ka ng a little bigger tire (like a 33") than your stock 31".

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unlike in Ungas' excellent Safari, longer shocks won't really do you any good in a Pajero because the shocks are not really the limiting factor in suspension articulation. By it's very nature, IFS (independent front suspension) cannot really articulate as much. I think the rear axle is pretty much limited by the rear anti-roll bar. You can remove it at your discretion (note: never remove front anti-roll bar).

The cheapest way of lifting the rear is via coil spring spacers. You can have one fabricated and I think some Serviteks carry this part pero rubber lang. I'm not really sure about how they handle, though. Polyurethane or steel spacers are still preferred. Pwede ka na ding hindi magpalit ng shocks as the stock shocks can handle a mild 2" of lift. If you do plan to get new rear coils, they're Php 7,500.00 sa may Armark 4X4 (baka tumaas na din ng konti ang price). Good shocks are around Php 20K for a set of four.

For the front end, not much can be done except for a torsion crank. Even if you buy new torsion bars, they will not effect any lift. They are only stronger than the (already strong) OEM part but they do not lift. Remember to have a complete front wheel alignment afterwards.
    OTHER FRONT SUSPENSION TRICKS:
    *extend the front anti-roll bar mounts
    *grind down the two upper bumpstops on each side until only a minimum of rubber is left.
    *drill holes into your lower bumpstop ("swiss cheese" it for added articulation)

Don't forget to re-aim your headlamps after the lift.

Btw, a 32" tire will fit your vehicle with very little mods (torsion cranking lang if ever, on some Pajeros no mods talaga).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Btw, hindi lifted ang Pajero ko. Anong kacharingan na naman ba iyan Jon? :mrgreen:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hahaha! Hindi ba lifted? Looks lifted to me though. Mas mataas yung windows mo compared to mine. :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gumaan lang dahil wala nang side at rear steps! :mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako naka-spacers ang coil springs ng L200 ko, kasi naman sobrang baba ng stock eh. Walang pangontra sa baha. Oks naman up to now (mga 3 years na un). However, tama si sir Ungas, nakakalimit ito ng suspension functionality. Pero oks lang sakin, di naman ako mabilis magpatakbo :wink:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where can i get those spacers!?!?hindi po ba maalis yan pag biglang nalubak!?!?or sa humps!?

un kasi sabi ng mga tao samin kaya ayaw nila lagyan...and baka daw mag skweak...or ok lang kaya!?!

i really need a mild lift sa rear end ko...nabababaan ako eh..

thanks!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Glennster,
    Ung spacer ko matagal na nakakabit sa pick-up ko, ala naman problem hanggang ngayon so i guess its pretty safe. Sa servitek marcos highway ako nagpakabit noon. Cone type yun kaya hindi magsislip un kapag nalubak. Pasok po un sa coil springs. :wink:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
suspension lift???