New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hi everyone,

Been lurking here for the past few months. Just got Ford Ranger Trekker two days ago. After two days of use, I can already hear the squeaks of the body and frame. Is this normal? I though it would take a few months before they would show up but I could already hear the ik-ik-ik sounds.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Squeaks usually from front suspension. Have the grease nipples greased. Baka kasi nabasa nung nag-uulan these past few days.

I doubt if the squeak comes from the body and frame. But in any case, just bring it back to the dealer and have the body mounts tightened. Usually sa 1K service nila ginagawa yun.

How about sa rear leaf springs mo? May ingay ba?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Actually, the noise seems to be coming from the rear leaf springs. I'm beginning to lose faith in Ford's quality control. When they delivered the pickup to me, all four tires were inflated to 45 psi, above the 41 psi limit set by the manufacturer and the 30 psi standard that they themselves recommend. No wonder the ride was so harsh. Brought the tire pressures down to 30 psi and it was better.

One more thing. When I turn the ignition key to On, the fuel filter sediment light goes on. When I actually crank the engine it goes off. Is this some sort of test circuit or is my fuel filter already full of water? This is hard to belive as the tank is still filled with the original full tank of gas that Ford provides.

I tried purging the filter as recommended by the manual. But the filter is located in a difficult place it it is surrounded by a metal shield that makes it hard to open the purge valve. Can you tell me an easier way to do this? I already gave up on it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iilaw talaga yun to confirm that it is indeed working. Kung hindi siya namatay once the engine has started, then may problem na.

Dapat pati ibang indicators mo iilaw when you switch the key initially. Testing yun, eh.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bring your Trekker back to your Ford Dealer for a warranty check. Mukhang lemon po ang binigay sa iyo. ;)
    Last edited by roydok; September 13th, 2003 at 10:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    the sedimentor (or the fuel sediment, as you would call it) light comes on normally when you start the engine and usually it's the last one to go out, sometimes together with the low oil warning lamp. Otep is right, it's a test. I have pick up with that sedimentor thing, it is recommended to drain it every 100,000 kms or so, mine is located under the right rear passenger door. I drain it every oil change because we have notoriously dirty diesel here, make sure to bleed the fuel line though. As for the squeaks, my dad's company pickup (L200 4x2), the squeaks were very annoying the first time they issued it to him last year. They tightened some bolts when they took it for its pms. It didn't go away after that, but the squeaks were a lot less annoying. Then it just disappeared in a few weeks of use. I guess, that's a just part of the break in period. don't worry. Congrats on your new ride!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for the replies.

Now, can anybody tell me how I can rig a "trapal"over the pick-up bed if there are no hooks or anchor points on the outside of the bed. The Ranger 2.9 XL has those hooks, the 2.5 XLT variant only has those internal tiedowns which are no use if you want to keep water out of the bed.

squeaks