New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    opis mate kwento 1 isuzu troper bumaligtad daw sa sky way last night sa lakas ng ulan sumobra gilid nya sa left side then bumanga and bumaligtad patay yata driver then yun dalawa na sakay sa likod ok naman daw.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yikes

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aquaplaning...

that's what I can only think of

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Might be aquaplaning.......

Last sunday. galing ako calaca, batangas lakas ng ulan tapos gabi na, when i was at the zigzag road of cuenca for the first time para akong bulag mag-drive wala akong makita kahit high na heads ko at bukas spotlights ko as in wala......... all i had to do is tignan yung gilid ng daan sa right side as my basis na tama pa ang pagliko ko........... nakakatakot mag-drive talaga pag gabi at malakas ang ulan........ lalo na at zigzag!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sad news..

always keep it on the safe side peeps..
    ingat tayong lahat..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if visibility is very low, adapt your speed to your vision.

in other words, slow down.

ingat mga prends!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    sayang trooper! hehe, seriously.. my condolences to the person who died in the accident.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i always passby skyway pag talagang bumabagyo para safe sa baha. one thing i notice is talagang pag malakas ulan, almost 5% lang ang visibility dyan. dapat dyan ang speed mo would only go 40-50 kph at that time kundi you will not see any vehicle or any road impediment 10 feet in front of you.

reminder lang din dyan sa skyway pag malakas ulan. roads are a little bit slippery specially yung road going south from amorsolo entrance (don bosco), dun sa may sharp curve. ingat lang and keep your headlights/foglights open tsaka hazard lights.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    This is another sad story for driver inexprience. Too bad the lesson was a fatal one.

Aqua planning occurs when tires could not flush out water fast enough. This occurs at highspeeds. Once you loose it just ease up on the gas pedal and resume speed after you feel you have control again. Never ever brake because it will lock up the tires and cause uncontrollable spin.

Avoid large puddles of water on one side of the vehicle. It is better that aqua plane occurs on both sides than on one side. If one side of the vehicle hits 2 inches of water at high speed resulting to aquaplanning, the drag on that side will induce the vehicle to yaw/veer to the slow side. This will cause the vehicle to spin in the direction of the aquaplanning side. If you have an SUV with a high center of gravity - roll over occurs. Most puddles of water accumulate at the inner and outer lanes gutters, approach and exit of fly overs, bridges, hills, underpasses. Watch out for these infrastuctures.

To prevent aqua planning, reduce speed during heavy downpours. Know the performance characteristics of your tires during wet driving and don't exceed it. Most tires can handle speeds up to 90kph hitting puddles of 1 to 2 inches. If the puddle of water is long and deep, ease up on the pedal and steer vehicle at the edge where it is shallower. Be aware of other vehicles around you so that oyur evasive action will not cause collision. Increase your distance between vehicles to give you time to react if something happens to the vehicle in front.

I hope this information helps for the new drivers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
sky way accident