New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakila7
    korek ka dyan! pero my side story regarding sa binutas na bundok - palpak na treasure hunt yata ang nangyari... sayang ang lapit na lang sana ng real pag nagkataon... pwede nang weekend getaway - mura ang isda.
    Yea, but there could be truth to the myth.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    pinoy99,

I've been using that route for the last 2 yrs, it's not finished yet. As of now, it's 40km+ from Masinag to Sampaloc, Tanay only- no word when the Infanta leg will finish. This road use to be 4Wdrive territory but now it's more like sportscars heaven!

On another topic, have you used or heard about mobil 1 synthetic gear oil 75w90? Would like to know if there are any problems using it on LSD, gearbox, transfer, diff. Thanks.
    What is the condition of the road (Masinag-Tanay)? Yep, that Famy to Infanta used to be very rough country road with numerous landslide during wet seson and choking dust during summer. It's true that they did a very good job paving the roads;it's kindda like the Laguna mountain pass(can't remember the name) that overlooks the Bay;both mountain passes are good for sporty drives or motorcycle rides. Unfortunately, they butchered the country side as well as there are hardly any forest/trees left.

M1 75w90 - Unfortunately I can't remember if I've ever used that one on my front diff. I might try tho next winter. I think most folks fears of leaks when going synthetic if seal/o-ring conditions are unknown. The shop that installed my lockers doen't recomended 'em for leak fear alone.I tend to change my diff often anyway so I usually use dino or blend. My AT gearbox and T-Case uses ATF Dextron III. Sorry, I can be more help but you can browse at bobistheoilguy for info on oil etc.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    We were in Infanta a couple of months ago... I asked the local police if the road was passable and they replied with a negative (probably isnt that safe either)...

Try passing the Famy, Laguna-Real Quezon route through the mountains... really good roads for a day trip.

Maraming off-road areas in the Rizal area...
    No disrespect the local pulis :P but I doubt that anyone of them ever made a trek up that road.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnald
    I've been to that road about 2 years ago (Oct 2001 ata?), napagtripan ko lang daanan to check out where it leads to. I was forced to turn back when I saw that portion between two mountains where the road seems to have been carved out of the mountain. rocky terrain, e 4x2 lang dala ko so I figured there's no way I can pass thru there. I registered 80+ kms back and forth so mga 40+ km nga from masinag. yung mga gustong mag-offroad dun, ingat lang kayo, balita ko maraming NPA ngayon sa border ng Antipolo and Quezon. make sure you get clearance from the local authorities.
    Sounds like a good exercise for those 4x4's. Sadly, the harder obstacle seems to be safety. Maybe there is safety in numbers. I wonder what kind of clearance/advise the local authorities have other than 'don't go'? Maybe the local folks would be better source.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Laguna (Famy) road to Real and Infanta is now a very beautiful (at least 5 years ago since my last visit) road compared to 1989. I was salesman covering that area during that time my ride was Chevy/Isuzu Luv na 4x2.....boy it was very fun to run on muddy, slippery roads...I was running at 30kph lang pero parang ang bilis ko na nun....grabe nga lang and putik ng pickup ko.

Nowadays you could even do 120kph na dun sa luwag at ganda ng daan. The road to Real-Masinag road was actually officially existing na sa government map natin :cry: very unfortunate....the real treasure was the kickback for the road project dun...ilang million din yun PLUS ilang million worth din ang trees that were felled to make way for that road project.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    pinoy99,
    What is the condition of the road (Masinag-Tanay)?
    The 45km road is completely paved except for 3km of dirt road. The first 7km from masinag is clogged with traffic, then the population thins out and you have empty road to test the limits of your 4x4 as you climb to an elevation of 400m to tanay! :wink:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sooo....

is there at least a trail from masinag to real if not a road?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by splerdu
    sooo....

is there at least a trail from masinag to real if not a road?
    That is the :?:

As rsnald wrote I was forced to turn back when I saw that portion between two mountains where the road seems to have been carved out of the mountain. rocky terrain, e 4x2 lang dala ko so I figured there's no way I can pass thru there....

There seems to be a trail that needs exploring. I bet that after negotiating this 'trail' the rest of the road to Real would be just normal dirt road.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, before you guys do any exploring in the area, it's better to check with the local 4x4 clubs for some info and also with the local police since i know that the NPA is pretty active in that area.

I read in a local mag before that they did do some off roading in that area as well...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Rough roads