New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Are there such things in MM. Anyone know of the condition of Marcos Highway that starts from Marikina and ends in Quezon province?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As far as I know hindi na tinuloy yung road na iyun. Government map says its there....its the road from Masinag to Real, Quezon. It is rumored that naubos ung budget kaka "butas" sa isang bundok sa paggawa ng daan. Rumors say that it is just about 40Km from Masinag to Real....almost the same distance ng road from Siniluan (or Famy), Laguna to Real, Quezon.

This road was (rumored) designed to give an access road to Real from Metro Manila for a possible construction of a pier or international port area in that side of archipelago facing the Pacific.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pinoy99,

We call those sites 'urban off-roading' areas. Hehehe. I'm on my way to one right now. Inside Fort Bonifacio along with Ungas, Yoli, jay crew and a bunch of other guys.

The street near St. Lukes hospital is under construction, too. Gotta love the faces on the crew when they see a Pajero whizzing by. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    makulit talaga tong si boss otep..:mrgreen:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    As far as I know hindi na tinuloy yung road na iyun. Government map says its there....its the road from Masinag to Real, Quezon. It is rumored that naubos ung budget kaka "butas" sa isang bundok sa paggawa ng daan. Rumors say that it is just about 40Km from Masinag to Real....almost the same distance ng road from Siniluan (or Famy), Laguna to Real, Quezon.

This road was (rumored) designed to give an access road to Real from Metro Manila for a possible construction of a pier or international port area in that side of archipelago facing the Pacific.
    korek ka dyan! pero my side story regarding sa binutas na bundok - palpak na treasure hunt yata ang nangyari... sayang ang lapit na lang sana ng real pag nagkataon... pwede nang weekend getaway - mura ang isda.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    pinoy99,

I've been using that route for the last 2 yrs, it's not finished yet. As of now, it's 40km+ from Masinag to Sampaloc, Tanay only- no word when the Infanta leg will finish. This road use to be 4Wdrive territory but now it's more like sportscars heaven!

On another topic, have you used or heard about mobil 1 synthetic gear oil 75w90? Would like to know if there are any problems using it on LSD, gearbox, transfer, diff. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We were in Infanta a couple of months ago... I asked the local police if the road was passable and they replied with a negative (probably isnt that safe either)...

Try passing the Famy, Laguna-Real Quezon route through the mountains... really good roads for a day trip.

Maraming off-road areas in the Rizal area...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been to that road about 2 years ago (Oct 2001 ata?), napagtripan ko lang daanan to check out where it leads to. I was forced to turn back when I saw that portion between two mountains where the road seems to have been carved out of the mountain. rocky terrain, e 4x2 lang dala ko so I figured there's no way I can pass thru there. I registered 80+ kms back and forth so mga 40+ km nga from masinag. yung mga gustong mag-offroad dun, ingat lang kayo, balita ko maraming NPA ngayon sa border ng Antipolo and Quezon. make sure you get clearance from the local authorities.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing

Yup, we all know how those budget falls short :roll: . Yea, I think the economic development was the official reason for the road.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    pinoy99,

We call those sites 'urban off-roading' areas. Hehehe. I'm on my way to one right now. Inside Fort Bonifacio along with Ungas, Yoli, jay crew and a bunch of other guys.

The street near St. Lukes hospital is under construction, too. Gotta love the faces on the crew when they see a Pajero whizzing by. hehehe.
    Yea, the only diff is this road leads to the beach for more fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Rough roads