New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    search mo lang thread about AT problems. meron isa ditong naka-lancer na nagkaproblema sa AT nya. gumawa yung taga bulacan, ok daw price. again "search" lang at makikita mo rin.

i don't think you have a problem on your turbo as well as egr's, when chemrez tested your vehicle last saturday for smoke emission it even passed. It's your tranny that has a problem maybe it's those two wires you've mentioned, might as well have it checked sa ibang shop para masuri talaga.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4
    If it's going to cost you P30k for the overhaul I'd go and look for a surplus Auto Tranny. Is your rig a Delica? Log on to 4x4ph.com/forum. PM wasted23 - he just saw Delica Auto Tranny's being sold for as little as P2k in Blumentritt.

Hope this helps.

hi paj! i'm also d wasted_23 in 4x4ph (only), had a problem during the online registration so i had help from my friend, wasted, to login... have'nt changed the name since :D

yes, its true! delica trannys costs 2k when you buy the engine... i guess if its just the tranny alone its 5k, 4x4 matic... of course you can haggle

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    dont feel bad about your impoerted car,for all we know marami kang matutunan sa repairs in do's and dont's. for sure yung may ari dati nyan (e.g. japanese) seldom mag change oil,dagdag lang ng dagdag ng langis. yang ksi problema ng turbo dpat regular lang pag change oil.. common way to know your turbo is woking well is to hear any whisling noise in the engine when running. ithink it will start hearing it in 20 kph. pag wala kang naririnig sa sumisipol,sira ang turbo mo at ipa check mo..kung k na lahat pakabitan mo ng turbo timer. ist an instrument to condition your turbo kit

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the reply guys. My friend told me about the two wires that was hanging on the tranny, he says it's only an indication on the 4x4 gears for the Dashboard. I'll try to check the price of tranny on Blumentrit, and your right it's better to change the tranny than to have that overhauled on the shop I went to.

Niwd11 do you happen to know the number of the shop in Bulakan? Thanks

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    lac764; i dont know the number. try to use the "search" function. i think shop's name is * Domingo. It is in Bulacan. Bulacan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Need your help mga idol, my friend recently bought a mitsubishi GTO, 96 model (A/T). sinubukan ko i-test drive kahapon, i noticed that the when the overdrive is on the tranmission is not working, the engine just revs without the car moving. when i turned off the overdrive, the car worked normally. When i was running at about 30-40kph i tried to turn on again the overdrive, pero sumigaw lang yong engine.

alam ko malaking problema to, pero di na nya masoli (babae yong friend ko at wala syang nakasama nong binili nya yong kotse).

need your insights kung ano problema nong kotse, whether is it worth na ipagawa or ibenta na lang din nya.

thanks in advance!!!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    had a 97galant vr v6 with a similar problem. around 35,000km at high speed over 120km/h and with overdrive on, the overdrive would cut-off and the engine revs freely. if i push the od switch off, the tranny kicks back in at 3rd.

brought the car to motorix in banaue and they replaced thc clutch discs for the overdrive. sunog na raw so hindi kumakagat. meron pla mitsu auto tranny nang ganoon. the tranny never had a problem after that. spent less than 5000petots for the job but that was about 5 years ago.

the manager then was jimmy and he was well versed with mitsu problems but he got sick and had to retire. i think the repair shop is now managed by the owner's son. jimmy was the brother or brother in law of the owner.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks miket! that helped a lot. kala ko kasi sa manual lang ang clutch disc. sorry gusy, i have little knowledge on cars.

thanks again

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i had a similar problem with my pajero 4d56 back then. it wouldnt climb up to 4th gear kahit naka OD on na. it took a while until dinala ko sa Isuzu Cavite, electrical pala ang problema. cost me around 1800 bill unlike those who quoted me sa banawe na overhaul daw worth 150k.

ever since naayos yung electrical, may OD / 4th gear na ako!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Problem with Overdrive