New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hmm... bilsteins seem to be the way to go but i think boybi is on them and he said "halos walang noticeable difference" so i'm kinda skeptical in getting them...

dx8976, your gu is on OMEs, right? was there any improvement in ride comfort?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    OTEP - can you enlighten me on what vehicles that OME's are firmer than stock. At least when we sell them we would know. Thanks.

turk - there are a lot of options available for your GU's suspension. If you want a softer ride one option is to change your springs and retain your OEM shocks. The cost will be the same OME offers coils that has minimal lift for GU's 20mm.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ARB, sent you a PM...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB, on our Land Cruiser. It feels firmer than the OEM's (KYB's?) on those ex-JDM Prados. But they ride better and produce less body roll (less biyahilo). Maganda ang damping control niya (considering how I drive :D ).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i've talked to a service advisor at Nissan CAR and they tell me to retain my warranty, i would have to purchase the shocks from them as well as have them install it...

they are recommending the old man emu nitros so i guess that's the way i'm going...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    turk182::: Ingat na lang sa pagpili kung san branch mo bibilhin. :D

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ungas, hmm... i bought my Patrol GU from Nissan CAR Quezon Ave. so that's where i'm going to do the shocks upgrade... any probs with this Nissan dealership?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, it's not about the Nissan service. It's for the OME distributor. :D

Pano ba ang arrangements nyo? Nissan CAR will buy the shocks for you and install them? I don't know how their dealings are (Nissan/OME), but OME/ARB distributor will not honor warranties if their products are not installed by their own crew.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nissan CAR will buy the shocks and install them so that I can still keep my 3-year vehicle warranty... My GU has just reached 1600 km...

if it's a choice between losing the warranty of the shocks or the whole vehicle, then the choice is a no-brainer... But since these OME shocks will be installed by Nissan CAR themselves, it is only proper for them to include these shocks under their 3-year vehicle warranty....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's better to ask than assume that they will be responsible for the aftermarket shocks warranty. I'm not saying that OME will fail, after all, products even with trusted brands fail even before the warranty is out.
    Last edited by Ungas; November 12th, 2003 at 03:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
OME shox