New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Know of any place here in MM that carries old man emu nitrocharger shox? i'm replacing the stock OEM shox of my Patrol GU since the ride is too harsh ("tagtag") for normal city driving... How much will it cost for a set of 4?

Thnx...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RATS ALABANG! Make sure ALABANG ha?! If i were you, id have Bilsteins installed. The consensus here is that theyre much better than OMES.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    alabang, layo naman... baka may mas malapit preferably QC area... as for preferring OME, i know that these shocks have been specifically designed for the patrol especially in combo with its stock springs...

bilsteins are said to be even firmer than the stock OEM shocks... i want a softer ride as well as being sure that the shocks are fully compatible with my Patrol's OEM springs...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RATS Inc. is the exclusive distributor of Old Man Emu products locally. There are 3 branches all over the metro; Alabang, Katipunan and Makati. If you still insist on OME brand, Alabang has the best accomodation and REAL people to deal with. By any chance, you prefer a much closer shop with worse customer handling... don't tell us we didn't warn you about it.

I've used OME brand before and it is too soft for my GQ Patrol, with its heavy body weight. Body rolls are inevitable during turns, not the setup that I was looking for. Solid differentials is what makes your ride "too harsh" not the suspension. Try an IFS with same brand setup and you will notice their differences.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    turk182, i got a quote of P50T++ for replacing all the shocks, coil springs, etc. of GU Patrol to OME from RATS Katipunan.

tama si Ungas, its the solid diffs of the patrol front and rear that makes the ride matagtag. napagastos din ako ng halos walang noticeable improvement. if you're gonna use your patrol for paved roads only, you might want to change your tires to H/T type para mas malambot. yung stock nyan na A/T medyo matigas ang sidewalls compared to H/T.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    if you haven't already, check your tire pressure.
    if you usually don't have more than 2 or 3 adults, try lessening to around 29-30 psi.

just changing the shocks should be enough, no need to change coils unless you want lift.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dx8976, nagpalit ka ba ng shocks? which shock ang pinalit mo?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    i am using old man on the gu.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    dx, taas naman ng tire pressure. Ganun ba talaga yun?
    My Gen 1 paj ran on 26 - 28. On my TSL's i run 24 psi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd recommend Bilsteins also. Either the yellow ones (soft) or the silver ones (firm). I don't think aftermarket shock manufacturers make shocks that are softer than the factory settings. Even OME's are firmer than stock. If shocks got too soft, you'd feel like you're on a yacht. Having a comfortable ride is not about softness. It is about control. And Bilsteins do a hell of a good job in controlling unwanted wheel movements resulting in a firm but comfy ride.

And you don't need to do any 'matching' with your stock springs. Basta maging comfortable ka sa ride ayos na yan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
OME shox