New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what's the difference between the stock leaf springs of my fuego 4x4 vs OME leaf springs? if i install OME leaf springs: a) will it lift my pick up? b) how will it change the ride?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes it will lift the rear by 1.5", and the ride will dramatically improve without sacrificing load carrying capacity. plus you will have longer wheel travel but you need to replace the shocks also coz the originals will be to short during articulation.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is it possible to test this first before i buy it? where can i get these? are there other choices aside from OME?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa test i not sure, but if youre in manila you can buy it from RATS 4x4. Aside from OME im not sure maybe Dobinsons, Ironman. What i did to my isuzu since i cant afford to buy OME leafs is invert the leaf it improved the ride but still not as good as OME leaf pack.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    may dramatic improvement sa ride quality nung nag pa reverse ka ng spring arb? Im planning to get mine done. :D

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes may dramatic difference, di ba strada sa yo? i think it comes from the factory reversed as i have seen strada's they use five leaves but only three are in contact.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    arb, Im also interested in inverting my leaf. where can I get it done and how much? Eh kunf spring over axle convertion? Kaya rin ba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Si fierari at bulldog, DIY lang nila sa garahe nila yung inversion. Sa Banawe Php 400.00/side iyan (ang mahal). Basta may jack at tools ka, kayang-kaya mo yan ser.

Spring over, ibang usapan na yan...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    DIY if your car is not that old, but if more than 4 years it would be easier for a talyer to do it since may rust formation na ang u bolts and it will be very hard to remove and may sometimes damage the threads of the nut or the u bolt itself. here we charge 500.00 for both sides usually it takes two hours to finish the job. SOA will lift the rear dramatically but the ride will somewhat be still the same and you may suffer from axle wrap. But sa province kami so i guess you have to find a good shop that can do it there. sa mga gas station pwede na rin yan easier because may lift.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i already did the leaf inversion. in fact, i have two inverted leaves, the shortest and the one next to it. i did trial and error. first i inverted the shortest, then test drive for a few days. then i inverted also the next leaf, so two leaves inverted na. test drive ulit for a few days. then i inverted the third leaf, so three leaves na ang inverted. sobrang lambot na. nag bobottom out na yung likod. imagine, 4x4 pick up sobrang lambot ng rear suspension. so i returned the 3rd leaf to its original position. now i'm back to two leaves inverted.

the ride is much improved compared to the original. hindi na jarring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
OME leaf springs