New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    we (father & me) have been using OME on our vehicles & are happy with the rides from stock set-up. i currently have OME shocks, springs & steering damper on my GQ safari. it greatly improved the ride. just recently i installed 30mm polyurethane coil spacers & it even made the ride better. the steering damper minimized my steering play & the coils eliminated the dips when cornering.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    So you are saying after you put the OME shocks in your ride, it wallowed even more? Im trying to avoid the left-right wallowing of my sport trac... Im confused hehe.
    havent had a chance to test the old shocks on my ride, nung nabili ko naka OME na kasi. Pero before i rode a standard everest and matigas talaga yung shocks parang mababali spinal column ko hehehe. May friend ako na binenta agad yung eve niya just because of tagtag. When I came across my current ride mas tolerable yung ride compared sa nasakyan ko before, so I bought it na.Nandun parin ang tagtag pero hindi na sumasakit likod ko.Mas nag wawallow pero tuwing nalulubak lang, cornering ok naman,kayang mag take ng bends at 60km/hr without fear of turning over. My mother in law even commented that mas better pa daw ride ng eve ko sa pajero field master nila.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    ARB, my car is patrol '03 gas. actually i changed my shocks na & steering damper. pinag iisipan ko pa un coils. feeling ko kc parang bitin un "play" ng shocks? i want to hear the opinions ng mga nagpalit shocks & coils sana.
    Sir Win,

We have exactly the same ride - GU Gas Patrol.

Just a few days ago, I went with the ff upgrade:
    Ironman coils
    Rancho RS 9000X shocks
    Rancho Steering Damper

Just a sidebar - I went OME all the way with my Gas Trooper four years ago. Ride was just nominally better since the stock ride quality of the Trooper is already very good.

But with the GU Patrol, it's a different story since the rigid front axles result to a stiff ride.

Almost went with OME again with the GU Patrol, but decided what the heck, might sa well try another brand.

First, I upgraded my tires to 33's - a new set of 285/75/16 Mastercraft Courser LT. That lifted the rig by about an inch. Then went with the 2" lift with the new Ironman + Rancho setup as described above.

So after a few days, I can tell you that I am very satisfied with the new setup. Ride harshness dramatically improved with my Rancho settings at medium 5 setting (10-settings for the Rancho 9000x).

I followed the dealer's advice to set it at 5, or medium before going softer or stiffer. Am already happy with this setting as it improved ride quality but without any noticeable wallowing on the rig.

The big plus is the significantly more rugged look of the rig with a total lift upgrade of about 3 inches. Of course you can achieve the same lift with the OMEs, but after trying both brands - although with two different rigs - I now lean slightly towards the Ironman/Rancho setup.

Just my two cents

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i wonder if these OME shocks are available for the 06 Grand Vitara...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    chronopile,

how much is Rancho RS 9000X shocks?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    guys,

which is much superior and reliable? Rancho or OME?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

I have OME dampeners installed on my 98 HiLux but it came with the rig when I bought it.

The ride is good.

Though a friend of mine has ridden on HiLuxes like mine both with and without the OME setup, on and off road, told me that the difference is like night and day.

This being said, I'm now saving up to have the complete OME suspension setup installed in my rig.

Hope this helps.

:regards:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Old Man Enu ride quality??