New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

Got this reply from Shell on 07 Apr 06 when I was asking about Shell Diesoline.

"Based on the Marketing Specification of our Shell Diesoline issued few months ago. The Calculated Cetane Index of our Shell Diesoline is 50 meeting the specs set by the Philippine National Standard (PNS). While the Sulphur Content of our Shell Diesoline is 0.05 % wt also meeting the PNS standard."

So I'm guessing that this is already New Shell Diesoline Ultra?

This being the case, does it mean that Pure Diesel from City Oil, et al is still slightly better with a Cetane rating of 52 - 53? Their Sulfur content is 0.05% as well though I'm not sure if they put in those additives that Shell says it has in their Diesel.

In any case, I'm using a B5 blend which should make up for any lacking additives right?

:regards:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello again

Now that I think about it...

Do you guys think that it would be better just getting from Shell if Cetane ratings aren't that far off?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    To those asking if sulfur content is lower than 0.05% i really dont know. Ayaw talaga ng Shell maglabas ng figures and if you are already using BD baka you will not feel any difference. I agree w/ momoyster trying is the only way to find out. So pls try The New Improved Shell Diesoline Ultra.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi larshell

The sulfur content is 0.05% please see my post above to see the reply I got from Shell regarding my Shell Diesoline Ultra inquiry.

:regards:

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    It's been over a month now that im using The New Improve Shell Diesoline Ultra and i must say that there is really improvement. Base on my observation the extra protection is working good for me. After two full tank I notice that even w/o BD my engine becomes more quiet and Less smoke. Before i use BD, I stop using it coz i want to know if my problem w/ Toyota D4d will occur again. After several Fulltank w/o BD i notice that my engine became noisy and magaspang. But w/ Shell's New Improve Diesoline Ultra Tahimik ulit and Faster acceleration.

I want to know if any of you guy's been trying the New Improve Shell Diesoline Ultra.
    Pls. Share your experiences Good or Bad Pls. Share your experience w/ Shell Diesoline Ultra. Thanks

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nasubukan ko na din New Improve Shell Diesoline Ultra. Nag full tank ako nung nagbakasyon kami sa Pagudpud ok naman less noise hindi rin masyadong mausok less vibration din (Isuzu Hilander XTRM dala ko). Pero ng pabalik na kami sa Petron ako nagpakarga parang nag-iba yung takbo mas mausok pa ng konti.

I'll stick with Shell Diesoline Ultra nasubukan ko na eh hindi rin birong subok yan 308 km tinakbo.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken
    Nasubukan ko na din New Improve Shell Diesoline Ultra. Nag full tank ako nung nagbakasyon kami sa Pagudpud ok naman less noise hindi rin masyadong mausok less vibration din (Isuzu Hilander XTRM dala ko). Pero ng pabalik na kami sa Petron ako nagpakarga parang nag-iba yung takbo mas mausok pa ng konti.

I'll stick with Shell Diesoline Ultra nasubukan ko na eh hindi rin birong subok yan 308 km tinakbo.

May pag-kakaiba talaga.

Mga peeps share your experience.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    May pag-kakaiba talaga.

Mga peeps share your experience.
    since 2001 makuha ko xwind ko shell ultra lang kinarga ko now may ISDU pansin ko rin medyo tahimik and smoth takbo nya.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    X-wind, Thanks!

That is two Positive feedback. Any negative feedback or the same/nothings change feedback?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    paging blue girl totoo ba ito hehe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
new shell diesoline ultra?