New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakakuha ako flyer from shell,
    new diesoline ultra. tumutulong daw sa panatilihing malinis makina? and nagbigay protection sa makina?
    ano kaya to? totoo kaya? na mas ok siya sa ibang diesel?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i suggest try it yourself na lang, mga 3 full tank each brand. lahat naman sila may cleaning power based on their advertisement. . kanya kanyang hiyang yan, ako i've tried d-max of petron and shell ultra. sa ngayon caltex power diesel because delo gold nakalagay na motor oil, kuntento naman ako sa hatak and mileage. based sa inquiry ko sa 3 big companies, pinakamataas cetane rating ng caltex at 52%, shell ultra and petron d-max at 50%. btw i add 1-2% biodiesel.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Lets make this simple The New Improved Shell Diesoline Ultra Now has LOWER sulfur content.(LOWER THAN THE OTHER BRANDS)Kaya ang sabi ng Shell it has this cleaning effect. But Shell did not want to put it in number's. So if you will ask how many percent of sulfur is reduced the answer is i dont know. They did 6 months test run and they say that the effect is noticeable. So Pls. Try the New Improved Shell Diesoline Ultra.

This New Formulation is Design for Phil. condition

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks xto. good input. i will try caltex.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Larshell: PM po, may tanong lang ako...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hmm...i had mine filled at shell c5/julia vargas (by the way, mura dito compared to other branches by 10-15cents lagi), 1st before going to the province for the holy week and 2nd, day after i got back here in manila...i didn't know about the so called new formula yet but i really did feel the engine run smoother and at mas pino ang tunog (i would know kase sa ingay ng isuzu, any change in engine sound is easily noticed) kaya sabi ko lipat na ako ng shell (from petron dmax), the 3rd time i filled up was when i found out about this new shell diesoline ultra. =) i'm quite confident that it was not mere psychological effect since i didn't know of it the 1st & 2nd time.

i'm not saying it's because of the new formula...and i have no figures to back it up. hehehe...kwento ko lang experience ko. maybe you guys can try it out also.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks!
    dapat nga mag labas ang shell ng figures and test data,.
    mga flyers nilapuro claim kasi. kala konag dagdag na sila bio diesel heheh

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Betols, Wow that is good may good feedback na.

gudboy, Sorry but i dont think shell will release data figures for the test run unless may Himala mangyari.
    Last edited by larshell; April 21st, 2006 at 10:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    Lets make this simple The New Improved Shell Diesoline Ultra Now has LOWER sulfur content.(LOWER THAN THE OTHER BRANDS)Kaya ang sabi ng Shell it has this cleaning effect. But Shell did not want to put it in number's. So if you will ask how many percent of sulfur is reduced the answer is i dont know. They did 6 months test run and they say that the effect is noticeable. So Pls. Try the New Improved Shell Diesoline Ultra.

This New Formulation is Design for Phil. condition
    Ultra low-sulfur diesel (lower than 0.05% kaya?)

Low-Sulfur Diesel Fuel Requires Additives to Preserve Fuel Lubricity
    U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations requiring diesel fuel sold for highway use to be less than 500 parts per million (ppm) sulfur . . . . Reducing sulfur also decreases the acids formed in engine combustion chambers, offering the promise of extended engine life. However, fuel system manufacturers are concerned that the methods used to reduce sulfur content can also impact fuel lubricity and may cause accelerated fuel system component wear.

Today, the most cost-effective way for refiners to produce low-sulfur diesel fuel is through hydrotreating, a process that removes sulfur by treating it with hydrogen. Because hydrogen is a highly reactive element, it also reacts with other components in the fuel, reducing the content of desirable lubricity - enhancing chemicals.
    Sana naman dinagdagan ng Shell ng lubricity additive itong bagong diesel formulation nya, or else lalong dedbol ating D4D.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i also thought that shell came up with its own recipe of bio-diesel e. anyway, filling up is the only way to find out

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
new shell diesoline ultra?