New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Guys, i'm new here (to post a thread). but i've been reading these forums all along. it all boils down on choosing a new vehicle (diesel).

and my questions are...

are the upcoming models for AUVs and SUVs for 2008?

what would be its upgrades or features that separate from previous models.

and what are its pros/cons of choosing new and old (2007 or 2006) models.

that would be of big help... thanks!

more power to this site!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No word on anything, as of now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    samen parating ung GRAND STAREX CRDi late nov.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    No word on anything, as of now.
    Wala man lang ba kahit tsismis? I'm in the market kasi for a van/mpv na diesel eh. Baka may maganda hintayin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Rumors....

for 2008...any from the mods?

i'm contemplating which would be practical/economical if i buy an old model or an upcoming/new model (example Revo - Innova or Adventure series vehicles with upgrades or Crosswind/Sportivo series)

thanks!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, the big tickets are already here. The Carens, the Carnival and the Grand Starex. The Carens is great value for the money, and the Carnival is a very good big van, with lots of space. The Grand Starex would be okay, but it's kind of expensive.

Your choice will really depend on what you want.

If you want a dependable, solid and long-lasting seven-seater, you can go for either the Adventure or the Crosswind... both non-CRDi, no fuel issues down the road (after 150,000 - 200,000 kms), with heavy-duty ladder frame construction.

If you want a modern, thrifty and comfortable vehicle, you can go with the Carens. It looks small from the outside, but interior space is good. Interior materials are a let-down, but it's better designed than the AUVs (Innova included). It's got a small third-row, but the Carens is more of a step-up for sedan drivers than an AUV alternative. As such, it rides softly and is quite quiet on the road. The doors close with a satisfying thud, too. Surprisingly good for a Korean car...

The Innova splits the group. It's got the ladder-frame ruggedness of the AUVs, but a more modern engine. The 2.5 D4D isn't as refined or powerful as other CRDis, and may still suffer injector issues in the long term (all CRDis, even Hyundais and Kias, can be affected by bad diesel) that older generation diesels won't have. But it drives very well (less body roll than any of the above), is stable and composed, and doesn't look like crud.

You just have to figure out what you want, and test-drive, test-drive, test-drive.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    don't forget the apv!
    i heard that it will be getting
    a facelift this 08.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well, the big tickets are already here. The Carens, the Carnival and the Grand Starex. The Carens is great value for the money, and the Carnival is a very good big van, with lots of space. The Grand Starex would be okay, but it's kind of expensive.

Your choice will really depend on what you want.

If you want a dependable, solid and long-lasting seven-seater, you can go for either the Adventure or the Crosswind... both non-CRDi, no fuel issues down the road (after 150,000 - 200,000 kms), with heavy-duty ladder frame construction.

If you want a modern, thrifty and comfortable vehicle, you can go with the Carens. It looks small from the outside, but interior space is good. Interior materials are a let-down, but it's better designed than the AUVs (Innova included). It's got a small third-row, but the Carens is more of a step-up for sedan drivers than an AUV alternative. As such, it rides softly and is quite quiet on the road. The doors close with a satisfying thud, too. Surprisingly good for a Korean car...

The Innova splits the group. It's got the ladder-frame ruggedness of the AUVs, but a more modern engine. The 2.5 D4D isn't as refined or powerful as other CRDis, and may still suffer injector issues in the long term (all CRDis, even Hyundais and Kias, can be affected by bad diesel) that older generation diesels won't have. But it drives very well (less body roll than any of the above), is stable and composed, and doesn't look like crud.

You just have to figure out what you want, and test-drive, test-drive, test-drive.
    Is Starex expensive compared to the Carnival? Di ba parang 1.5M din yung highest variant ng carnival? Or is it expensive relative to how much it used to be priced?Ibig ba sabihin may possible future issues pa yung injectors nung CRDi units? Mas 'safe' pa din yung non-CRDi?hehe. Tsismis ng new releases.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The new Grand Starex starts at 1.5, supposedly.

Yes, older diesels won't have expensive injector issues... but (and it's a big but), they can still suffer injector and pump issues due to poor diesel. (I've had to fix one pump already on my Highlander)

It's just that the injectors on older diesels are cheaper to replace. But I'm confident that down the road, these high pressure CRDi injectors will become cheaper and easier to source.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ah. OK, thanks Niky. Kung may marinig kang new tsismis about 2008 diesel relaeses na MPV or van, post mo dito ha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New Diesel models 2008