New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Is there a way to install a manual cutoff switch for a Pajero Bubble side fieldmaster? May phobia na ako sa carnap ( lost a Galant VR )and I remember installing a cutoff switch with my old (1980s)cars thru power supply of ignition coil. How about diesel engine? Someone advise me to install the switch at the fuel pump. Is that safe and possible? At least added protection and to delay the carnapper a bit. I dont trust the factory alarm most probably memorize na ng carnapper yon. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    levi, welcome to tsikot
    yes there's a way, and you've answered it,
    hide a switch that goes to the ignition,

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if your pajero uses an electric fuel pump... you can attach the switch there.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just look for the starter wire, cut it and put a switch in between. I'm not sure about putting a fuel pump cutoff on a diesel. I don't even know kung electric ang fuel pump ng mga ito since I could take out the key in my old Benz and it still would not die.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my sentra 2 had a switch on the fuel pump. Turning off the pump would let the engine idle for about 10-15 seconds until the fuel in the lines to be used up. If you step on the gas, the engine dies right away.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes you can since electric shut off ang pajero.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Electric ba yun? Buti na lang pala nakauwi ako nung nagloko alternator at nag-flat ang battery ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    san ba pwede magpalagay ng switch??
    cost??

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wreckless, gawin mo na lang sa bahay mo. Ang gastos mo lang ay yung switch, wires at electrical tape. Si sir garyq marunong ata gumamit ng tester para malaman kung aling wire ang lalagyan ng switch.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    OK thanks. I want to be sure before doing it and baka may iba pang option. Im planning to hide the switch at the back of the center console. Malabo ng maisip ng carnapper yon and I can easily switch it. Im planning to install connectors so if I have any problem with the switch, i can easily return it to the original connection. Wala bang effect kung humaba ang wire? Since Im installing a switch, the signal will go first to the switch inside then return again to the engine compartment. Thanks

Kimpoy,
    From PinoyDVD?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Manual Cutoff Switch