New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    First of all, assuming you live in the US, opt for the higher end vehicles since it would not raise any eyebrows there and wont rattle the saber of kidnappers as is the case in the Philippines. Plus provided one has a good credit rating, credit is quite abundant in the US, so your dream car is one step closer now.

Imo, get the Lexus RX330 or better yet the RX hybrid (which is a sell out in the US-just like the case of the Fortuner in Asia).

Volvo XC90 looks soooooo boring inside and even the outside is bound to incite a yawn soon.

X5? I think they are readying a complete replacement very soon. I think fall of 2006, in time for the 2007 model line-up.

Murano, Pathfinder? Errr...these vehicles are way too big for me. Chevy Suburban wannabe, their size, that is.

I also read an article that Toyota/Lexus is still best in terms of quality and reliability in the industry, while BMW has slipped in the quality department.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i wouldnt mind getting a XC90 if i had the money. ayoko ng X5 or the X3 eh..personal preference lang naman...nothing really wrong with them actually. kung luxury suv talaga, lincoln navigator na or di kaya cadillac escalade.

A Hybrid SUV would be ideal

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    First of all, assuming you live in the US, opt for the higher end vehicles since it would not raise any eyebrows there and wont rattle the saber of kidnappers as is the case in the Philippines. Plus provided one has a good credit rating, credit is quite abundant in the US, so your dream car is one step closer now.

Imo, get the Lexus RX330 or better yet the RX hybrid (which is a sell out in the US-just like the case of the Fortuner in Asia).

Volvo XC90 looks soooooo boring inside and even the outside is bound to incite a yawn soon.

X5? I think they are readying a complete replacement very soon. I think fall of 2006, in time for the 2007 model line-up.

Murano, Pathfinder? Errr...these vehicles are way too big for me. Chevy Suburban wannabe, their size, that is.

I also read an article that Toyota/Lexus is still best in terms of quality and reliability in the industry, while BMW has slipped in the quality department.
    +1 ..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by max95fx03
    here is how my wife and i justified $5000 extra on a (entry) luxury vehicle. compared to our 2nd choice we got:

more safety features (i.e. side, curtain airbags, traction and stability control)
    more power (65 hp more, 30 lb ft more)
    more power features and memory settings (tilt and telescoping steering section)
    better general reliability (either first or second on consumer reports)
    better dealer service (rated higher than other luxury dealers)
    others (rear tint, bigger wheels, adjustable hid, dual chrome and tuned exhaust, better leather,...)

lastly, the price fell within our budget
    what are the things that you don't like sa FX35?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    A Hybrid SUV would be ideal

waaaaayyyy over price altho the RX400h looks really nice.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    what are the things that you don't like sa FX35?

the paint chips pretty easily
    rear passenger entry gets tricky due to the arch of the wheel well
    unusual torque setting, backs easily on steep angles (sorry if this is not too clear)
    doors are kinda long and must open wide esp with my baby, a pain in tight parking spaces
    since my 03 was the first year, there were some recalls (bolts adjustment, seat leather stretching, airbag sensor adjustment) but all taken care off by dealer.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Is it advisable to buy a luxury SUV?

Just contemplating, maybe might upgrade in 1-2 yrs time.
    U can wait for the next X5

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Lexus GX470! with the 4.7L vvti engine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the gx, looks the same as the local prado.
    nothing special.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Luxury SUV