New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    this is very surprising...coil springs in an L200. calcite, where did you buy your L200? every L200 I saw were using tbars be it 4x2 or 4x4.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My L200 is only local. I passed by a parked L200 at lunchtime. Sinilip ko ang suspension and yes - it is also has coil springs.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I checked the specs of the new L200 4x2. It also has front coil springs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    all 4x2 l200, l300, adventure share the same front suspension using double A-arms with coil springs.

calcite you can use longer coils, or put coil spacers. one thing you can use after you lift is to put pajero mags, either the tear drop or the intercooler mags and 225/70r15 tires for that stock look na cool. last time i saw front coil springs na lifted for l200 will write here you if it is still avail.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My L200 also has coil springs. Its a 96 model. Only Stradas and L200 4x4's have torsion bars.

What I did with mine was to insert rubber spacers in the springs and get longer shackles. Ground clearance will increase for about 1-2 inches but the ride will not be that comfortable anymore. Pero you'll get used to it.

A more expensive alternative is to put in longer springs like what ARB suggested.

I suggest you do the suspension lift befor fitting in larger tires. Malamang sasayad yan sa wheel wells.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pare, kung gust mo ng pajero mags, maybe i can sell you mine? i am looking at getting new mags kas. Gen. Santos lang din ako.

andy

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    How much? Teka, I have to lift my L200 first.

I am worried by Djerm's remarks that I can put rubber inserts but ride quality would suffer. Maybe my best option is to look at longer springs. I'll look for longer springs the next time I go to Manila.

But I am interested in your mags. I'll just have to make sure that I can get longer coil springs so that the tires wont rub against the wheel wells.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Calcite,
    I already had mine installed with the spacers. Bearable naman ang ride. Its still comfortable but not as comfortable compared to installing longer springs.

The problem with geting longer springs is the availability of the springs. Up to now I still have'nt seen one.

Try installing the spacers first para mabili mo na yung Pajero Mags ni Luckytruck. Just make sure that the spacers you get are the rubber cone type ones (150 each). Don't get those that are clamped on the springs.

HTH

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    pare, don't worry, di naman ako nagmamadali magpalit ng mags.

kumusta and biyahe to surigao? i want to drive there someday. really want to see siargao

andy

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    luckytruck

My wife hails from Siargao island. We usually spend a few days each summer there. Maganda ang Siargao - at least for a city folk like me. Mag-sasawa ka sa water adventure. There is surfing, lots of diving places, nice white beaches, even a marine park (on the nearby Socorro island). But accomodations are rough - don't expect much amenities. This is a real rural place.

Gensan to Surigao City is exactly 550 km and driving at a relaxed speed will take you there in 12 hours. 9 hours kung talagang nag-mamadali. The roads are excellent most of the way except for a 30 km stretch of rough road from San Francisco to Bayugan towns in Agusan del Sur. Talagang walang cement. They were trying to repair this stretch of road during the election period but I don't know if they will finish it - tapos na ang election.

From Surigao City, Siargao is just two-hours away by fast ferry. But don't visit now, tag-ulan na until about march. Unless you are a seafarer, you won't stand the boat ride. Talk about rough waters and this is it. Best time to visit is during summer - just not on the holy week. During holy week dami tao and the boat ride is chancy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Lifting L200