New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paano ang magiging setup pag dalawang jumper ang ginamit? Would two clamps be connected to each battery terminal as well as the grounding point?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    Thanks for the info, guys. Dadaan na lang ako sa Ace pag nasa QC ako. Mukha kasing payat pa yung cables na nasa DIY Shop dito.
    meron akong nakitang jumper cables sa DIY shop dito, KYK ang brand, around 1K. sobrang taba ng cables and sobrang higpit ng clamp.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paano ang magiging setup pag dalawang jumper ang ginamit? Would two clamps be connected to each battery terminal as well as the grounding point?
    Yes. In my case, one was connected to the head of the battery terminal clamp, while the other one was on the body of the terminal clamp.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep exactly... two clamps to each battery terminal be very careful lang in doing so kasi parehong live yan mahirap na magpagdikit mo positive at negative of the two diffirent cable siguradong tostado ka...hehehe )

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    never like the 4 cable setup, too many wires, prong to tangles and shorts circuits. buy nalang kayo sa surplus ng mga cable then buy aligator clips. solder the ends after clamping it tight.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did the same way mention by afrasay wala pang P400 ang inabot...I forgot the exact gauge I use. It use it for my diesel pick-up. No problem naman.

The size is about half the size of the battery cables in your vehicle. Stranded copper wires dapat and not solid wire (kasi mas maganda ang handling nito ng strong current).

As for the aligator clips, get the bigges and sturdiest that you can get and should be able to clamp the battery terminals (or even bigger pa).

I crimped the wires on the aligator clips muna before I soldered it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    never like the 4 cable setup, too many wires, prong to tangles and shorts circuits. buy nalang kayo sa surplus ng mga cable then buy aligator clips. solder the ends after clamping it tight.
    Sorry bossing, nag-MacGyver lang kami nun. hehehe. Gabi na kasi, kailangan makauwi nung Adventure para kinabukasan na lang bibili ng battery.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks for the info. i'll keep that in mind.

question. what if i used these cables specified for diesel-use only on gas vehicles?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I did a search but I couldn't find any specific info on this question.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if there are any minimum specifications for jumper cables to be used in diesel-powered vans?

Nung tumingin kasi ako sa mall, ang sabi sa package ng KYK jumper cables na nakita ko, "For use with gas engine vehicles only. Use model blah-blah for diesel vehicles."

Nung nagtanong naman ako sa mga salespersons, clueless sila tungkol dito at yan lang daw ang meron sila na model. It was rated for 200 amps.

So is there really a more heavy-duty set of jumper cables and do diesel engines really need the more robust kind?
    KYK is what I use...based on experience, it hasn't let me down yet. That is, using it from a diesel engine battery to a gas engine battery ... I haven't tried using it from a diesel to diesel battery

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same thing happen to me when i jump started my dad in law's BJ40 from my Strada...ayun tunaw...ayaw din mag tow start so hinala ko na lang...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Jumper cables for diesel vehicles