New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I’m planning to install a VHF/UHF mobile base radio but have no idea where to tap the wires from the inside of my Vitara. Is that possible or do I have to connect the power cord directly to the battery?

Help please....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pili ka lang sa likod ng fuse box. Anything that is powered constantly (with or without key) will usually do. Just check the voltage kung match.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede i-tap yan directly to your batteries. Para pwede mag monitor even without keys in the ignition. I used to transmit and operate for hours before the actual battery dies out. Ofcourse, you can still be safe if you can tap it to a 20amp fuse, for precautionary measures. :D

*Pahabol*
    It will leave nasty holes once you set those screws. My dad always sets them anywhere he wants and ease of use.
    Last edited by Ungas; July 21st, 2003 at 08:35 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Thank Sir Otep. I think I need an electrician here -- di ko kasi alam how to check the voltage as well as locate the right terminal. The radio actually pushes 45 watts of power, maximum. If I'm not mistaken, I need at least a connection that can well handle electrical current of at least 10 amps. Ewan ko kung tama nga ba ang iniisip ko.

More comment naman po sa mga experts.

Originally posted by OTEP
    Pili ka lang sa likod ng fuse box. Anything that is powered constantly (with or without key) will usually do. Just check the voltage kung match.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Sir Ungas,

Saan ko ba pwede padaanin yung power cord if I tap it directly to the battery.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Ungas
    Pwede i-tap yan directly to your batteries. Para pwede mag monitor even without keys in the ignition. I used to transmit and operate for hours before the actual battery dies out. Ofcourse, you can still be safe if you can tap it to a 20amp fuse, for precautionary measures. :D

*Pahabol*
    It will leave nasty holes once you set those screws. My dad always sets them anywhere he wants and ease of use.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron rubber grommet yan behind the dashboard near the steering shaft. Isabay mo na lang yung power cord dun sa mga existing electric wires para hindi ka na gumawa ng extra hole. Then the coaxial cable for the antenna just glides down the the door rubber. Ano pong unit ang ikakabit nyo? Uso pa ba ang IC-28H? I used to operate a IC-3230H dual bander.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Your am/fm radio has two wires one power and one ignition. yung sa power constant, para yun sa memory ng radio mo. pwede mo i tap yung power ng uhf doon. If you're using aftermarket radio, masmadali hanapin yung power wire, it's usually yellow. kita mo naman yun sa likod ng radio.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    mr suzuki - pwede po direct sa batteries as long as mag lagay ka ng fuse, aside pa sa fuse na kasama ng vhf mo ganun kasi ginawa ko. tama po si ungas idaan mo sa grommet. yung sa akin ako lang ang nag wire lahat. wala ako masyado alam pero nagawa ko naman. me wiring diagram naman yan kasama sa instruction so pwedeng diy.
    btw maganda gamitin mo cable BELDEN ang brand. tapos be sure na yung mount and ampgenol mo us or japan. wag ka mag settle sa taiwan na mount they easily rust and trust me it wont be a good scence pag biglang nag loose ang allen screws ng mount mo. specially if you use long antennaes like diamonds. yung super gainer ko naubos sa skyway before p[ara sya saging word na pang fencing natasahan :P

btw anong unit gamit mo? anong antennae gamit mo?

Sir ungas dami na po bagong models na available me mga 75 watter na. up to now maganda pa rin ang selling price ng mga 28hotel ok pa rin sya

Tip hanap ka ng magandang slot like yung slot for car stereo ganun ginawa ko sa akin e so maganda tignan :P usually
    or if ayaw mo pwede sa ilalim na lang ng upuan
    i velcro mo na lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What?! 75W output?!

Dating kasagsagan ko ng amateur days, malakas na ang 50W. Hehehe, I guess technology has cause it to upgrade it. :D Ngayon portable na lang minsan ang gamit ko just to monitor fire brigade frequency.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    75 watts na ba uso ngayon?, okay pa naman itong kenwood 7950 na 50watts, nakakapag-jam pa rin naman... hehehe

i suggest direct sa battery with fuse, it eats up a lot of amps and might mess up your electrical system, it also reduce humming/static sounds if connected directly to the battery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Installation of Mobile-base Radio