New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sir just want to have a piece of advice in buying a used pick up will be use in carrying load what are the reliable and durable unit available in the market,many thanks to all

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    For your budget, it is favorable to go with Mitsubishi L200. With its ever reliable 4D56 engine, hindi ka magsisisi. Also, the parts are easy to find and affordable. Marami ding mekaniko ang may alam sa makina nito.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    thank u sir dale,how bout isuzu fuego?i dont have any background in pick up

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sir what would be the problem regarding flooded diesel vehicle?like pick up

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The problem with flooded diesels is not with the engine, but with the electrics (power locks, power windows, wiring/relays, and horn).
    May I suggest that you look for the Nissan Frontier 4X2 1998-2001, the good thing is they still make it today as the "Nissan Bravado 2.7", same body, and the same engine so parts would be plentiful.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Your choice for an Isuzu is the best for me. Bullet proof engine reliability (timing GEAR) coupled with great fuel economy is your best bet for a good workhorse.

Second choice for me would be the immortal Toyota Hi-Lux. Prices for 2nd hand units may be pricey but worth it in the long run.

Diesel engines like the ones mentioned above wouldn't have much problems when flooded except if water enters the engine via the air intakes but other than that it would be fine.

my :twocents:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by raldz View Post
    how bout isuzu fuego?i dont have any background in pick up
    2003 4x2 Fuego owner here.
    It was also bought 2nd hand few years back with 40,000 in the odometer at P500,000 (already lifted with 265/70/15 tires).

Pros:
    -easy and relatively cheap maintenance.
    -good fuel economy.
    -very reliable engine (4JA1 with turbo).

Cons:
    -noisy engine.
    -rattling noise in the cabin.

Its a good work pick-up.

You will probably settle for a pre-2000 model at your 250K budget. Not to worry since all Fuegos basically look the same.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sir thank you sa mga info.learn a lot from it,i was choosing between isuzu fuego and nissan ultra eagle,ive heard that they are both using a timing gear?so der wil be no incident that snap a timing belt,and they are both direct injection,what wud be the parts that i must to see before buying a used pick up?thanks a lot sir

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    How about MAZDA BT 50 . I seen they use it for drifting with a turbo charged engine.

The ever reliable Toyota Hilux pickup truck is the best choice considering its on and off road capabilities and towing as well. Price range is between P230T and P500T (for 4x4s). It really depends on the condition of the vehicle.

You can also opt for a Mazda B2200 / B2500. Workhorse trucks and cheap parts too!

When you get a diesel, make sure to always change its oil every 3000km or less. Regular oil is okay. No additives please.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
i want to buy a used pick up budget 250k advise pls