New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    burnikin::: Paid them thru account fund transfer from my bank account. Karamihan ngayon hindi na tumatanggap ng CC, because our country leads in these kind of fraud. Kung malaking items papasok mo panigurado may customs duties and txes yan, mas mapapamahal ang parts. For US$100 nasa PhP1,800 yata ang tax, as per invoice price. Transact with the merchandiser clearly before making any payments. Shipment will have to depend on you whether you want it by ship courier or air freighted, ofcourse the latter will cost you more but guaranteed 3 days shipping.

Freeman::: Ahhhh!!! The suspension boss has spoken! Btw, nice avatar! You got me laughing for awhile with that, hahaha! I might give your shop a visit this afternoon. :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas - you mean to say that all in all importing the suspension parts would cost me more? pag pinapadala ba thru fed ex, lbc...dumadaan din sa customs?
    so machacharge din ako ng 1800 / 100$?

Freeman - suspension boss po pala kayo... maybe you can give me a quoatation of all the parts with corresponding prices if its ok with you...
    i would be happy w a 2" lift pref. 20mm sa front and 40mm sa rear
    ive done some research of my own...i think the parts that i would need are:
    1)torsion bars
    2)add aleafs by rancho or leafsprings whichever would be available
    3)greasable shackles
    4) urethane bush kits
    5) shocks
    6) u bolts if add a leafs will be used
    please do correct me if i am wrong and suggest if there are other parts that would be needed thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Burnikin,

I can only help out now if your Strada is the current model.

Forget the add-a-leaf, it'll just harshen your ride.

1. Rear OME leaf springs with greasable shackles and poly bushes available (1 set only) at Carryboy Gatorcab Banawe. This kit was intended for the owner but he sold his Strada already. Negotiate for a good price.

2. TJM S2000 Torsion bars (Australian made not Indian) PHP 17,500 a pair installed.

3. Rancho RS9000X 5,800 each, Bilstein 5,500 each, TJM XGS Shocks 4,500 each.

Front wheel alignment required.

What about a wheel and tire upgrade? That usually follows a suspension upgrade.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Freeman,
    yes my strada is a 2000 model, are you open on sundays? if yes i will drop by tomorrow. if not will you be open on june 12?

How long will it take to install those stuff on my ride?
    Do you give guarantee?
    will you give me additional discount ? :wink:

will you be kind enough to give me the number of carryboy banawe and the person i would look for? If ever ill tell him that you referred me?

thank you very much

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Freeman,
    about the wheel and tire upgrade yes maybe after the suspension stuffs...
    kinda low on budget

you sure that my ride quality would improve?
    i plan to get rs9000x

btw wheres your shop?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by burnikin
    Freeman,
    about the wheel and tire upgrade yes maybe after the suspension stuffs...
    kinda low on budget

you sure that my ride quality would improve?
    i plan to get rs9000x

btw wheres your shop?
    Were closed on Sundays. And also on the 12th - my son's b-day.

I'm sure we can work on your discount. But dont expect a lot. Don't have Carryboy's #.

Yes ride will improve.

Armark4wd - 172 Mabini San Juan - 727-7201 to 04

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by burnikin
    Ungas - you mean to say that all in all importing the suspension parts would cost me more? pag pinapadala ba thru fed ex, lbc...dumadaan din sa customs?
    so machacharge din ako ng 1800 / 100$?
    The answer to your questions are yes, yes, an estimated account of yes. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o ok thanks.
    badtrip pala customs dito:evil:

pero saan kaya nakakabili ng add a leaf ng rancho? kahit matagtag papatulan ko na

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit mo ba gusto ng add-a-leaf? Anything personal or you just read the reviews over the net? So far, I haven't seen anyone yet who distributes add-a-leaf by Rancho. Maybe Freeman has an idea?

Meron add-a-leaf but from another company that's been selling around Banawe. Ang gamit nito para sa mga leaf springs na madalas kargahan ng mabibigat na bagay ang kani-kanilang sasakyan. Pero walang dagdag na lift, it does not even improve the handling when there's no load behind.

You may want to give Freeman a visit in his shop, para malaman mo ang tamang paraan to improve, lift, add cargo weight to your vehicle. Maraming paraan para makuha mo ng tama ang gusto mo mangyari sa sasakyan mo, and suspension tuning SHOULD be done in a right way or else you'd be just wasting hard earned money on something that is not that helpful to you & your ride.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if you really want to add a leaf, you can buy a new leaf sa mga auto supply and add one in your spring pack. just measure the length and width you want.

but if you insist on a rancho add a leaf, i can ask the distributor of rancho Jojo 4wheel center here in our place if there is one avail for your ride, or will ask him if who is his distributor there in manila.

whats your ride again?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
how to measure t-bars?