New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The options previously posted were cheaper options than changing the whole leaf set. Pre-fab shackles pwedeng pasadya sa machine shop. Insist on using the tool steel para siguradong matibay. Aftermarket shackles dami ko na nakita nitong meron, some offroad magazines, and stores locally. Some are in S or Z form not the usual straight shackels.

Lifting blocks mounted inbetween the diffs and leaf springs, this option is only for leafs mounted on differentials. And may require more parts that need to be modified, ie; cross joints, transmission+propeller+differential angle. Lifting block pasadya na rin lang ito, yug iba ordinary blocks lang ang mahal.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    burniks
    my off ride is a 99 (first gen strada)

what i did to my strada to achieve 2 inch lift is
    1.change rear shackles-refabricated longer shackles dont go beyond 2 inches though. cost 640
    2.torsion bar crank-can be done DIY or any talyer will do
    servitek also does this, again dont go beyond 2 inches.cost 300 plus 800 alignment 1,100

el cheapo will just cost you 1,740

plus i did change my tires from 30" to 31"
    and Rancho shocks for a better ride

check out BIG NASTY here: http://www.pbase.com/kimpoy316/my_ride

shackles pic included, i have them rustproofed para mas matibay

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas - thanks for the explanation your like a walking encyclopedia when it comes to suspension stuff :D Big help indeed

Kimpoy - Nice pick up you got there. tnx for the suggestions. let me guess harsher ride? but compensated by your ranchos of course?
    ill think about it...ill go check out some more stuffs in case things doesnt work out perhaps you can show me where you had el cheapo shackles fabricated :wink:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sure, the one good thing about my elcheapo suspension lift, is i can revert it back to normal in case im tired of off roading (which i dont think its gonna happen)
    i still have my old shackles,

yup, torsion bar crank means harsher ride, and ride was compensated by ranchos.
    but the refab longer shackles rides the same, our strada is below the axle, so they have more play, vs frontiers above the axle, less play

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kimpoy
    really? Your el cheapo shackles rides like stock?
    where did you have it fabricated?
    is the gen 1 stradas shackles same as the gen 2?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup rides the same!
    i have it refab at my suking machine shop, just show your old shackles
    its the S type

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakasakay na ko sa Strada ni kimpOy. Ok ang suspension. Just don't ride in the pick up bed.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lalo na paakyat ng high peak!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
how to measure t-bars?