New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boy2,

nakupow masasanay ka talaga gumawa ng mga research papers from high school through college hehe :mrgreen: hindi naman sa sanay na sanay no... sawang sawa na siguro hehe :lol:

ok lang yung temporary outline... it doesn't have to be final naman e, but it may help you organize your thoughts. basta just remember that everything you write should be connected to your main argument

o nga pala... is this paper a formal research paper, with bibliography and parenthetical notes/footnotes? if it is, consider mo rin if you have published sources available to support your research, kung kaunti lang, you'll encounter great difficulty making a good paper (internet sources are generally inadequate, but depends on your teacher). pero kung hindi naman kailangan ng bibliography (lucky you! :D ), ok lang, that means you can be a little looser in your writing. of course, it's up to your discretion and judgement kung ano susulatin mo and how you go about it, or how 'deep' you want to go

did you consult with your teacher already about your topic?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bukas na ang help, ha. Inaantok na ko, eh.

Naalala ko lang yung High School Thesis ko. Tungkol sa headlamps. Ayos, ang taas ng grade! Hehehe. Wala pang internet-internet noon. Naghalungkat pa ko ng reference sa baul. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow, ganun na pala kami katanda ni boybi...apple lang pasa na!!!. What thesis?!?

The worst case on highschool is what we use to call term paper....which is much like a "show and tell" in pre-school nowadays but more defined and written....

Ang alam kong thesis...is more on the scientific thesis type....which like what mbt is telling...there must be a "problem statement", then "proposed solution", "implementation of the solution" and finally "discussion of results". Hindi ako maka relate sa off-roading in the scientific point of view...

However, on the journal-naration point of view...pwede....much like a term paper discussion lang.

But then again iba na ang generation today....let's see what Boy2 have to say and hopefully we can offer some help....

Naalala ko, interviews can be quoted in the bibliographic entries....eto palang comments natin e pwede nang bibliographic entries di ba?!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wish i cld help, but kalawang na talaga untak ko sa kakanegosyo.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I totally agree with mbt. ok nga yan, yung public service angle, BUT not all off-roaders do it (donate stuff, etc)... so I guess mas ok ang tourism & offroading connection... sa TV lang eh diba yung ibang races (extreme race ba tawag dun? cross-country?) dun nakiki-angkas sa mga 4x4 ang racers... also yung Pintatubo Trek, diba yung mga trekkers nakikisakay lang din sa mga 4x4? kwento sakin ni lui 1 hour lang daw sila/kayo nakasakay tas 3 oras ang hike...

but if you want to present the public service angle, this might help you: http://zyndergfx.designimp.ws/offroadbasics -hahaha shameless plug! :P

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as a public service
    isa sa ginawa namin dati nila olive drab ay yung nag tree planting kami sa sacobia mountains, lalo na mga fruit bearing trees, at nakaroon na rin ng outreach program sa mga aetas, since 4x4 lang ang pede nakapunta sa habitat nila

nung highschool wala akong thesis, book report yata ginawa ko
    tapos sa college naman feasibility study ang ginawa ko

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boy2,

mas organized na thoughts ko ngayon... hope this helps

the problem i see with your first proposed thesis (off-roading is not only a hobby but also a public service [because it is used for environmental and social outreach programs such as tree-planting and giving of goods to the rural poor]) is that is not debatable and falsifiable. this is what i mean by lacking somewhat in depth. how i see it, the thesis will be developed by saying that off-roaders plant trees while enjoying their hobby, and this is public service. but then what else? it's not questionable or objectionable that off-roading can indeed be used as a vehicle for public service. it's like saying that the tsikot.com is not only a venue for car talk, but also a venue for social interaction -- it's obviously true and can't be debated on much.

a good thesis should be one that is debatable (so then, your defense of one side of the question will not be moot and merely academic; you wouldn't defend something that is one-sided)

i think you can rework your thesis statement to "off-roading is an ideal vehicle FOR public service because...". focus on WHY off-roading is ideal to carry out public service, rather than focusing on the fact that off-roading CAN INDEED be a public service. the way i see it, off-roading is an ideal vehicle for public service because of the following reasons:

1) there is already an existing pool of 4x4 SUV and truck owners that is merely untapped for the most part, all it takes is to expose them to off-roading and the capabilities of their vehicles

2) while the pool of experienced off-roaders in the country is small, it is an extremely dedicated group. thus, they would be make excellent instructors for potential off-roader prospects and be a feasible springboard from which off-roading can grow

therefore, because the infrastructure for off-roading is already in place, it won't take much effort to institutionalize it. and because off-roaders necessarily need rough terrain, the rural areas are ideal destinations for off-roaders. it would then be easy and convenient for them (of all peoples) to incorporate public service programs for the benefit of the residents of their destination barrios. this is the reason why off-roading is an ideal vehicle for rural public service.

that's how i see it... what do you think?

btw, out na college admission results by now right? saan mo balak pumunta and what course you planning to take? :D

wildthing,

in general, di pwede gamitin yung message board input as a bibliographical entry, it's not too valid and verifiable. kahit internet sources nga ayaw ng academicians e

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sirs::: yup... my teacher approved on using the boards as one of my bibliographical entries... actually sa internet lang talaga ako mag re-rely... unless merong mga books or magazines na related sa topic ko... kaya lang wala po yatang published materials about my statement...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    Boy2,

mas organized na thoughts ko ngayon... hope this helps

the problem i see with your first proposed thesis (off-roading is not only a hobby but also a public service [because it is used for environmental and social outreach programs such as tree-planting and giving of goods to the rural poor]) is that is not debatable and falsifiable. this is what i mean by lacking somewhat in depth. how i see it, the thesis will be developed by saying that off-roaders plant trees while enjoying their hobby, and this is public service. but then what else? it's not questionable or objectionable that off-roading can indeed be used as a vehicle for public service. it's like saying that the tsikot.com is not only a venue for car talk, but also a venue for social interaction -- it's obviously true and can't be debated on much.

a good thesis should be one that is debatable (so then, your defense of one side of the question will not be moot and merely academic; you wouldn't defend something that is one-sided)

i think you can rework your thesis statement to "off-roading is an ideal vehicle FOR public service because...". focus on WHY off-roading is ideal to carry out public service, rather than focusing on the fact that off-roading CAN INDEED be a public service. the way i see it, off-roading is an ideal vehicle for public service because of the following reasons:

1) there is already an existing pool of 4x4 SUV and truck owners that is merely untapped for the most part, all it takes is to expose them to off-roading and the capabilities of their vehicles

2) while the pool of experienced off-roaders in the country is small, it is an extremely dedicated group. thus, they would be make excellent instructors for potential off-roader prospects and be a feasible springboard from which off-roading can grow

therefore, because the infrastructure for off-roading is already in place, it won't take much effort to institutionalize it. and because off-roaders necessarily need rough terrain, the rural areas are ideal destinations for off-roaders. it would then be easy and convenient for them (of all peoples) to incorporate public service programs for the benefit of the residents of their destination barrios. this is the reason why off-roading is an ideal vehicle for rural public service.

that's how i see it... what do you think?

btw, out na college admission results by now right? saan mo balak pumunta and what course you planning to take? :D

wildthing,

in general, di pwede gamitin yung message board input as a bibliographical entry, it's not too valid and verifiable. kahit internet sources nga ayaw ng academicians e

sir mbt::: I like it!!! i think i'll be using it... it's way better than my first proposal and I think mas may point po kayo... medyo madali nga kaysa dun sa na-una. buti na lang di ko pa finalized yung first proposal ko.
    how about published or other research materials regarding my topic. may alam po ba kayo?

i really appreciate your help guys!! thanks!! yehey!! ga-gradate na ako!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boy2,

buti ok yung internet sources sa teacher mo... that would be helpful in establishing the "off-roaders are dedicated hobbyists" part, among other points. but refrain from quoting from message boards. it's not good practice generally. a better way is to interview people on the board (PM, email...) and get their real names.

however, you can use formal published data too. foremost among these are statistics from the DTI or CAMPI or something showing the number of 4x4 SUVs and trucks sold since a certain year. that would help back up your point that "the 4wd infrastructure is already in place" (by showing that there are thousands of 4x4 pajeros, cr-vs, rav4s, troopers, expeditions, vitaras etc etc on the roads today). pwede rin published data on geography and rural poor, and interviews are great sources too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help!!!