New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i recently bought my bighorn november of last year from a friend in subic. its a 1995 bighorn fieldstar LS. i noticed this problem that the trooper sometimes refuses to go to 2nd gear even if the rpm reaches 4000rpm already. what i do is i have to let go of the accelerator pedal slightly for it to change gears. can anyone tell me what the problem is?

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i assume automatic tranny ang sa iyo.

medyo mataas nga ang gearshift ng trooper.
    napansin ko sa trooper ko (manual transmission) sa 3K ako nagpapalit ng gear, sa strada nasa 2.5 lang ako.

pero mataas pa rin ang sa iyo at 4K

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ganyan din sakin, around 3000rpm lalo na pag bagong start sa morning

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmm, thanks sa insights niyo.

yes that is true pag sa morning parang kelangan pa i-warm up yung engine. but have any of you experienced instances when the trooper wud change to lower gear pag nag a-accelerate kayo? sometimes pag shift to lower gear yung rpms nasa 4k 4.5k na.

is it normal that the trooper wud shift to lower gear when you press the gas too hard?

this is my first diesel turbo matic and i seem to be having a hard time driving it.

thanks for your time and i look forward to your replies.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    baka meron na slippage yung tranny mo...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    kung meron slippage how would i go about to get it fixed or what causes yung slippage?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    papalit mo muna yung ATF fluid mo...try mo...yung sa matic suv ko nagbago gumanda shifting

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmmm, ok will try that.

in relation to my question, sometimes the engine/shifting works flawlessly, usually at night or when its cold and raining. there was a time when the shifting was so perfect that i didnt want to turn off the engine for fear that when i wake up tomorrow i wud have the same problem agen. (it did)

haaaaaaay buhay.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    attic_dude,

normal sa lahat ng automatics yung mag down shift when u press hard/abruptly yung gas pedal

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yun na siguru yon,

magmula nung kinuha mo di ka parin nagpapalit ng ATF fluid?

mura lang yon bro...kahit sa suking gasolinahan pwede...yung sa akin caltex atf ang nilagay...

kasi nagbabago yung smoothness nya pag maiinit and pag malamig...kung bago yung ATF fluid mo consistent na sya na maganda.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
gear shifting question for bighorn owners