New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Which would you recomend for flat tires? Fix-a-Flat Can or portable air compressor?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can't and will never plug the air leak with a portable air compressor. A portable air compressor should also come with some portable-vulcanize-kit (somehow the kit's name was forgotten while replying).

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Many bought Fix-A-Flat for fixing emergency flat tires. with just a small can, it can sealed the leak and inflate the tires. And with enough air, you can proceed to the nearest service station to have the tires fixed.

Anyone out there have tried this? Im just curiuos about this product. I saw Fix-A-Flat at True Value

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm using a portable air compressor. Kung flat due to nails lang (or small punctures), I'll just pump it, then proceed to the nearest gas station or vulcanizing shop. How much is that Fi-A-Flat-Can?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For smaller tires a Fix-A-Flat can help without having to visit your nearest vulcanizing shop. You will have to use the whole can for one tire to fill up the air inside and plug other gaps as well. But for larger SUV tires, the air supplied from the can is limited; a portable air compressor should pump more air in.

I would suggest a portable air compressor which can pump 100psi and a permatex or permacure kit, a D-I-Y vulcanizing kit. Why 100psi? To avoid compressor overheating, normal tires are filled up from 30-40psi. The permatex/permacure kit can plug any tire punctures even if it has 25psi in it.

Flats