New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Guys,
    I bought Scorpion Pirelli 16" A/T tires for my Pajero last November to replace the stock Bridgestone Desert Dueller A/T. I just noticed that the white marking for Pirelli is not that obvious or highlighted as compared to Bridgestone. Medyo dull yun sa pirelli di siya masyado makita. I like the bridgestone marking as it makes the tire look cleaner with emphasized white embossed marking. Any idea on how can I make my pirelli marking as white as those on bridgestone. Could painting the marking with white will help or is there any special cleaner to bring-out the white in pirelli marking.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I got Scorpion Pirelli's on my rig pero yung sa 'kin quite obvious yung white markings, lalo na kapag bagong linis. There is sort of a paint compound that you can buy that is specifically used for those old-school white-walled tyres. My uncle has them and uses it on the white-walled tyres of his 1966 Dodge Dart. Kung dehins ako nadokleng, parang nakita ako nyan sa Concorde sa SM Mega.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't use tire black on your tires. use armor all.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Korek si boybi. 'Wag kaw gamit tyre black, dehins maganda para sa tyres. Kapag nagpa-washing ka, 'wag mo palagyan ng tyre black.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for tire black feedback. Actually yun free tire black isa iyon sa mga criteria ko ng car wash shop. Shifting to armor black anyway spray-type naman iyon kaya di messy like the tire black. Salamat din sa special paint info.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ano meron sa tire black bakit nakakasama?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    It makes your tire black including the white marking...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mabilis din kapitan ng alikabok ang tire black dahil malagkit.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ang alam ko may carbon black chemical compound 'yun eh. Parang chemical after-product of burnt crude oil.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You guys didn't address his lettering concerns hehe... Buy sa soft vinyl brush (usually it comes with a steel brush and a brass brush sa hardware)... Use that with soap and water to scrub the white letters, dont worry it wont damage the tire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Enhancing White Tread Marking