New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    just a quick review.....before the tune and full fuel upgrade,my truck was making 480RWHP from a combination of heads,cams,full exhaust,supercharger with 10LB boost and a 100shot of NOS.
    i decided to upgrade the fuel system by changing the 42LB injectors to 60LB and add a second 255 fuel pump(discarding the 255 inline fuel pump)and changing the supercharger pulley to get 14-15LB of boost.
    i wouldve been happy if i could get 450RWHP but with so much tweaking..we ended up with 487RWHP and 490WTRQ.
    my main concern was that we had to up the RPM redline to 6500RPM(from 5500-6000RPM depending on which gear im on)
    having a stock bottom end(except for the forged crank)after the final numbers were in from the dyno..we decided to back the RPM redline to a decnet 5000RPM with 13LB of boost until i can bulletproof the bottom end next year.
    heres pretty much he we set it up..
    WOT
    1st gear = 0-45MPH
    2nd gear = 45-80MPH
    3rd gear = 80-120MPH
    4th gear = 120-????MPH
    i had to try it out on the interstate but it was hard to go beyond 120MPH without getting into traffic.
    so heres my dyno sheet and a small video.
    (the SUV 's speedometer tops out at 100MPH but my navigation system also keeps track of my speed via GPS)

my GPS readout(max MPH is recorded)(i didnt have my videocam when i hit 120MPH on top of 3rd gear)

video..

BTW..this is a full size ford expedition :D :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    487RWHP and 490WTRQ.
    Hows the fuel consumption? :lol:
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I doubt fuel consumption is a priority in his list since he wants more horsepower.

*deedee-Do you have the 5.4 V8?

deedee, anu nga ba sasakayan mo??

edit: i saw it... hehehe... sowi...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Hows the fuel consumption? :lol:
    *drey..
    a stock 2000 ford expedition fuel consumption is around 12-14/city and 16-18/hway.i average about 10-12/city and 14-15/hway.so its not too bad considering the trade off for more HP and drop in fuel/mileage ratio.
    you have to also consider that the supercharger doesnt really kick in after 3000RPM so on a regular city driving..as long as i dont gun the truck and keep the gear shifts under 3000RPM..the supearcharger isnt really pumping boost.

*redorange...
    yup.its the 5.4 V8 triton.
    hhmmm...speaking of which....you drive that new exterra,right?two of my friends have the exterra too.03-04 with a supercharger and another with 07 and we were browsing my magazine and found an aftermarket supercharger for the extrra now.i think its made by magnacharger,2.3 or 2.4 twinscrew type giving the exterra upto 300RWHP.just thought id inform you about it cause your interested.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hehehe... Dito po kayo sir or sa U.S.? very doubtful kasi yung 10 km/l sa city dito... :lol:

No offense made... Pero yung Exped dito can give you 4-5 km/l right?
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Hehehe... Dito po kayo sir or sa U.S.? very doubtful kasi yung 10 km/l sa city dito... :lol:

No offense made... Pero yung Exped dito can give you 4-5 km/l right?
    i live in the US.and sorry for not clarifying my previous statement.its 10-12MPG/city and 14-15MPG/hway as oppose to a stock expedition which roughly runs 12-14MPG/city and 16-18MPG/hway.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    *redorange...
    yup.its the 5.4 V8 triton.
    hhmmm...speaking of which....you drive that new exterra,right?two of my friends have the exterra too.03-04 with a supercharger and another with 07 and we were browsing my magazine and found an aftermarket supercharger for the extrra now.i think its made by magnacharger,2.3 or 2.4 twinscrew type giving the exterra upto 300RWHP.just thought id inform you about it cause your interested.
    That might be the one from Stillen which is good for +93whp brings it up between 306 to 323whp on boost. The stock 4.0 V6 makes anywhere from 213 stock to 230 with intake and exhaust. One of the guys at thenewx.org is running the Stillen already but he has 35" tires so it just brings him back to stock horsepower feel when he drives. I'll probably hold up on any mods since I'm still deciding on what I want to do to the truck. The Jeep Rubicon is really tempting but I am waiting for the diesel, been hearing rumors of a Cummins going in the engine bay. That or the Challenger when ever it comes out.

DYNO numbers are in!!!