New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    napansin ko lang kanina na meron akong narinig na squeak nung inalog ko chassis ni Seth... bandang likod ng rear tires... parang galing sa leaf spring... normal ba yun?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup normal lang yan. pwede mong lagyan ng used oil yung part kung saan may squeak. check mo rin bushings mo baka worn-out na at kung dun galing yung ingay better replace the bushings mura lang naman.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Leaf springs don't sqeak, its the bushings that does the squeaking sound. Repack your leaf bushings with grease. If you find the inner diamater worn out, replace with new ones. Preferably with inner metal shims.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nyek di ba nagi-squeak yun??? sa jeep ko buo pa naman yung bushings pero pag inalog ko may konting squeak sa rear leafsprings ko. nung nilagyan ko ng oil yung load leaf yun nawala yung squeaking sound....hmmmmmn..... syet macheck nga mamaya yung u bolts at leaf locks baka maluwag :confused:
    Last edited by jim; October 13th, 2004 at 04:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Leaf springs make grunt metal to metal sound, lalo na kung over torqued yung center bolt. It should not make any sound by shaking. Unless may putol na leaf inbetween?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It can be normal for them to make some sounds. You can grease the bushings or check if the pads between leaves are worn down.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you have to replace the bushings, i'd suggest you get OEM... Based on my experience, the replacement bushings don't last too long.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Thanks for the feedback... baka kasi paranoid lang ako... but now, I feel more convinced that I need to have it checked... under warranty pa naman si Seth...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Leaf springs make grunt metal to metal sound, lalo na kung over torqued yung center bolt. It should not make any sound by shaking. Unless may putol na leaf inbetween?
    ano ba tamang torque ng centerbolt? I have an Adventure also. thanks.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    If you have to replace the bushings, i'd suggest you get OEM... Based on my experience, the replacement bushings don't last too long.

or better yet mas effective are those Bushings made of worn tires of truck and cunningly shaped into a bushings...guaranteed to last 300x more than the OEM bushings Eto ay based on my experience when i still have my old jeepney, kahit lubak lubak ang daan ang tagal ng lifespan ng bushings. And yes putting some used oil on the leaf spring will removed that squeek sound kaso nga lang so untidy to look at.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
do leafsprings really squeak?