New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    that is why new technology leafs have graphite coating, and teflon pads in the ends to prevent squeaking.

yes rubber bushings from tires are durable, but it has its draw backs, it does not absorb impact as well as rubber ones and for 4wds it will not flex as much.
    also sometimes they are made too thick that when you tighten the shackles it makes them hard to move making the ride stiffer also. go with poly bushings if you want.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yep, polyurethane bushings are the way to go. They are more durable than your traditional rubber bushing (kasi mas dense at masmakunat yung texture nya). Most of them come with metal inner shims. I have even seen some bushing kits also with outer metal shims. I think many 4x4 suspension tuning shops carry them as regular itmes.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what i do is spray WD40 sa leafsprings, pero ang nag-squeak sa revo namin minsan is yung rubber bushings between the chassis and the body nung inalog ko hehe..

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Engr
    ano ba tamang torque ng centerbolt? I have an Adventure also. thanks.

i think there is a certain torque ..

for each bolts with respect to their size diameter...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    try niyo pabouncin ang rides niyo normal lang yun na tumutunog. Hindi po ba masama yun tunog na yun pati na din sa metal to metal grinding sa leafs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
do leafsprings really squeak?