New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^ im still not decided if dmax or frontier. hehe. i dont mind if the ride is bumpy coz i will not use it, minsan lang. i'm also checking their freebies, nissan and isuzu.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    between dmax anf current frontier, sa dmax na ko.

kamuntik na nga ako makabili ng dmax last week, hehe, kala ko kasi ksama yung 4x2 sa zero% promo ng isuzu, sa 4x4 lang daw promo nila.

pwede pa ko maghintay ng mga 3months, i'll give nextgen frontier the chance to get into my garage :bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Frontier is one of the simplest vehicles on the market today, no turbo, no CRDi, no ECU.

Has dual fuel filters with water separator, high mount intake, etc. The interior is nice enough (except for the cheesy blank panel directly in front of the passenger seat).

Kung pang-harabas ok siya. But I find the ride stiff and the backseats are not optimized for long trips.

Otherwise, its ok. My female cousin drives one. 2000 2.7 4x2 M/T 'Pleasure Series'. The one with all power features, white instruments, foglamps, high mount audio, fashion bar, etc. Ginagamit ko paminsan-minsan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The TD27 engine is an older design and is still pre-combustion chambered conmpared against the standard direct injection/CRDi diesels of the newer pick-ups (it's a non-ECU, CRDi, DI, etc. engine).

- If it's for business na driver and mga tauhan ang gagamit then i'd definitely get the Frontier as this will have less maintainance issues and is cheaper to maintain (parts are easily available). A lot of utility companies and media outfits rely on the Frontier for it's personnel.

- If it will be driven by you or be used for family long trips and the like then the DMax will be the better option.

Tagal nga ng bagong Frontier design.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama ang sinabi ni Vinj. I think that the frontier is also cheaper being the oldest in the segment.

As for the hauling capability, AFAIK, the frontier can load heavier stuff than the dmax having a stiff ride. Okay naman ang frontier...that is if you'll sit in front. Sobrang sikip kasi sa backseats.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    btw guys i planning to get the basic model not those w/ plus features. I also find the rear seats of frontier uncomfortable as compared to a bit reclined seat of dmax. I will not be driving it but i'll be in the passenger

I haven't seen yet new body of the frontier... sayang kung may fuego pa sana...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why don't you also consider the previous gen Strada. Baka may NOS pa sila.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i could vouch for both. Frontier, has a best deal when it comes to after market services. my neighbor who got one, was provided a booklet of freebies- PMS, etc. while my choice is still the d-max.

why d-max, well for one, it's got the 3.0L TDIC compared to the 2.7L of Frontier- and mind you, it's LX model, plus it got an ABS. space wise, d-max is much roomier.

why not get a Ranger Trekker?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *Djerms - walang malapit na Mitsu dealer

*ian_rex - Ranger Trekker? Hindi pa mahal pyesa nyan dahil Ford? ANother reason, walang malapit na dealer.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    medyo luma na yung previous Ranger thus, marami nang parts yan. anyways, Isuzu na lang. kaya lang mahal din ang parts e.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
D-Max or Frontier