New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I saw this thread pero puro Hilux ang choice... http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19464

How about D-Max and Frontier, what do you think? For biz/cargo use sana. THanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's for business and cargo use then the Frontier may have an edge in the maintainance department due to it's elderly engine design (pre-combustion TD27)... Just change the oil and filters regularly and the engine will just keep goign and going with no worries about the fuel quality. I dunno about the cargo sizes between the two though. In the power and looks department then definitely the Dmax has the edge to it's being much newer.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If it's for business and cargo use then the Frontier may have an edge in the maintainance department due to it's elderly engine design (pre-combustion TD27)... Just change the oil and filters regularly and the engine will just keep goign and going with no worries about the fuel quality. I dunno about the cargo sizes between the two though. In the power and looks department then definitely the Dmax has the edge to it's being much newer.
    well said
    ineedmorehp, hintayin na natin all-new frontier, kelangan ko din for biz and everyday use

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sir anu yun "...elderly engine design (pre-combustion TD27)"? Btw, hindi turbo yung Frontier, Dmax turbo, Innova turbo (well innova is out) na mention ko lang kasi naka turbo... so medyo hesitant pa kami...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    sir anu yun "...elderly engine design (pre-combustion TD27)"? Btw, hindi turbo yung Frontier, Dmax turbo, Innova turbo (well innova is out) na mention ko lang kasi naka turbo... so medyo hesitant pa kami...

the usage of an inoova is not like the usage of the pick up.. so, u cant compare them talaga.... as for your inquiry, dmax has the most advantage of the 2.... (kahit 4x2 lang) 3.0 intercooler engine, has the height and stance of a 4x4, ABS, dual airbag... matipid din sa diesel ang very ok ang power niya for hauling heavy goods...

ust visit our thread about sa experience ng dmax owners....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The frontier may have an advantage in the hauling capability (but take note that it has the stiffest ride of all local pickups to date).

All else (Safety, power, fuel consumption - comparing it with the 3.2L of the frontier, ride comfort, looks), Dmax wins for me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *jarhead - i mentioned innova because i was surprised that its already turbo and frontier is not.

*Djerms - sir hauling capability, hindi ba mas malakas ang mga d-max?

Btw, the vehicle will be used for transportation of meat, flour, and rice.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    utility - strada glx (old body) 910K for a turbo intercooled 4X4

utility with porma - strada glx (new body) 1.080M crdi turbo i/c 4x4

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^ Walang malapit na dealer sa amin kaya yun 2 lang choice ko hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    *jarhead - i mentioned innova because i was surprised that its already turbo and frontier is not.

*Djerms - sir hauling capability, hindi ba mas malakas ang mga d-max?

Btw, the vehicle will be used for transportation of meat, flour, and rice.

yup kc its a new engine compared sa frontier present... and turbo helps in the power and fuel consumption as well, nakakatipid kung meron turbo ngaun not like before older diesel engines na kahit meron turbo, maaksaya sa diesel...

if thats the usage of your pickup.. i would suggest the dmax nalang... malakas din ang engine ng dmax.... kahit meron laod yun, matipid parin sa diesel....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
D-Max or Frontier