New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Djerms
    Sir Woodfire,
    I was constantly texting you to inquire about the Strada. We are really interested in it. Please PM me naman if you are still selling it. Thanks.
    hey Djerms, sori i already changed cell phone number. yes, it is still for sale. i am still working out the transfer of papers from my employer to my name.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nissan engine are also very reliable...and most of their engine are direct injection na din...nagtataka lang ako kung bakit mas tahimik sya at di masyado ma-vibrate compared to isuzu...

the cabin space and its extra amenities are the only reasons why I am also shying from the Hi Lux, I like its stance, its very durable and reliable, but I need extra cabin space and comfort as well...di ko naman ipapang-hardcore sa trail eh...just a piece of mind na I can get out of some sticky situation when it arises and at the same time I can haul some big cargo with my family....

well mukhang mababago ang priorities but I am still optimistic na baka by early next year eh makakuha nang pick-up truck...

right now strada has the best cabin space and the best ride among the bunch in our current market...as far as my research says...

toyota, nissan, mitsubishi and isuzu have an engine that is both durable and reliable on this segment, no question about that, so the question on what to get is not the engine anymore but some other things like comfort specially if its you whos always behind the wheel, casa service, maintenance cost in the future, etc...and also the looks (w/c as I previously mentioned depends on everyones judgement)

So, boss woodfire, if ever we decide to get an Strada, I might give you a call...hehehe I hope it is still available by that time...

zildjan...get the strada na...sariwang sariwa pa...hehehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    saw the dmax last night at festival mall

the rear passenger seats are the best..its high and there's enough legroom unlike the frontier & ranger parang naka squat ka ang baba kasi ng seats at ang liit ng legroom.. i forgot na kung ganito din sa strada.. pero i think the dmax's rear space is second to the sport trac..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga ganda talaga ng strada ni boss woodfire. problem lang is the carplan ng company namin kailangan at least 2001 model.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Kaya di mavibrate ang nissan direct injestion engine as compared to the isuzu is because of the timing chain or belt that nissan use. Isuzus do not have belt or chain. They have gear to gear connection. kaya lakas ng rattle pero walang mapuputol!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    5 years since the last entry, so what's the real score and proven to be "it" ---as the best 2nd-hand buy---among the pre-2005 pick-up models?
    Mazda B-series
    Isuzu Fuego
    Nissan Frontier
    Mitsubishi Strada
    Toyota Hilux
    Ford Ranger

Personally, I hedged my bet on the Fuego. Got a 2003 model 2 years ago at 47,000 on the odometer. So far, no major problems except for a radiator leak which was easily fixed.

But I noticed that a lot of Frontiers were sold during those years. And the Hilux is still a precious find.

What's your take?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nissan frontier na siguro.

but I still love my own.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have owned an L200, Nissan Ultra Eagle and Frontier. Frontier gets my vote. Walang usok di ka paparahin ng MMDA. Uses a timing gear not a timing chain or timing belt which can snap anytime. All nissans uses a steel cylinder head so no worries pag nag overheat unlike aluminum cylinder heads which warp when you overheat. The location of the alternator is also on top of the engine not under the power steering pump and reservoir like my L200 - tuwing may leak ung pump ng L200 ko dati nababasa ung altertnator at nasisira - i changed the alternator 3 times in 2 years despite maintaining the power steering pump and hoses well. Because of the high location of the alternator, just like the Land Rover Defender, you can cross deep floods and not worry about getting your alternator wet. Yung bed ng Frontier hindi kalawangin. Walang kalampag. Super lamig ng aircon. Mura ng parts ng frontier - di naman malayo sa L200 ko - readily available din parts ng Nissan sa halos lahat ng auto supply na napuntahan ko. Ang laki ng mga ball joints ng frontier compared to my L200. I have a friend who owned a hilux, mahina daw cylinder head - overheat daw ang problem - naka 2 palit na siya. If you go to Banaue, ask the surplus diesel engine sellers - parati daw may bumibili ng Toyota diesel cylinder head. I also noticed that many isuzus have super noisy engines parang truck - mausok din daw. The fuegos are super slow but the DMax is super quick. Magaling design ng Nissan engines - built to last talaga. You have no worries overloading the bed of the frontier, it has an extra leaf spring which universal motors anticipated with Filipinos who overload their pickups - matalbog nga lang dahil dun - if you dont load it then remove it for a better ride. I have had 4 nissan rigs and none of them have died on me so far.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sa amin 97 nissan ultra eagle belive or not it runs from mindanao to luzon by land without any problem and it is really very reliable

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    2009 MITSUBISHI STRADA THE BEST TLAGA OVERALL ANG DAMI FEATURES<GADGETS AND GANDA MASYADO NG DESIGN LIKE YOUR DRIVING A CAR...AND LUXURY PICK UP NAVARA NA YAN>>CHEERS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The best pickup in terms of durability/reliability?